Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, that's pretty much ruined my day.
Could be worse, you could be a Wretchmond supporter!

Dreadful news on Watson, a star of the game and from afar seems to be one of the nicest guys out there. Hope he has a speedy recovery, you'll miss his output and leadership.

Why are people throwing the towel in? We were one Koutoufides superhuman game, and Dean Wallis **** up from playing for our 16th flag without James Hird

In 1999 we had names like Lloyd, Long, Mercuri, Misiti, M.Johnson, Bewick, Hardwick, etc.

Not that I'm subscribing to the idea that we're cooked, in fact it's a time like this where I think players will really come into their own, but Watson missing now is a much bigger loss than Hird missing in 1999.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need an upset against Geelong, Port, Collingwood or Sydney now

We already needed that. And that would only get us in if we win every 'should win' or 50/50 game.

Why are people throwing the towel in? We were one Koutoufides superhuman game, and Dean Wallis **** up from playing for our 16th flag without James Hird

So a far superior team coped admirably without their best player? This is relevant.

lol, uncommon injury. There is no such thing down at Bomberland. If its uncommon and can take months to heel, then we've got it.

Looks like smack bang on target for another year of the inevitable in my eyes. Who's next?

Hmmm.. kinda blows the whole 'go easy in the first half of the season' theory to hell. Wish we had banked some wins early rather than relying on a near perfect run to the finish line.

I think we have moved past the days of 'no jobe = no EFC' however not by much. Will struggle now..

Myers to step up and BJ to captain.

Off topic, but I have no idea why everyone always highlights Dean Wallis hesitating in the centre and not the most skillful player on our list who was runner's up in the Brownlow that year missing from 25m out directly in front to put us in the lead with less than a minute to play? Or, you know, the whole game for that matter.

Off topic, but I have no idea why everyone always highlights Dean Wallis hesitating in the centre and not the classiest player on our list who was runner's up in the Brownlow that year missing from 25m out directly in front to put us in the lead with less than a minute to play? Or, you know, the whole game for that matter.
You are right, certainly not wallis fault alone. But it's always the moment in the game people remember. Leo Barry's mark, pluggers point after the siren, Tom Hawkins goal after the siren, etc. there is 120 minutes in a game filled with moments that are the reason a team wins or loses. But those moments are what people remember.

You are right, certainly not wallis fault alone. But it's always the moment in the game people remember. Leo Barry's mark, pluggers point after the siren, Tom Hawkins goal after the siren, etc. there is 120 minutes in a game filled with moments that are the reason a team wins or loses. But those moments are what people remember.
Well it's the Mercuri moment that I remember. It was only about 20s earlier, and was THE moment that would have won or lost the game.
But anyway, back on topic. I'm kind of looking forward to which young midfielders we might discover in the next 3 months. Kav, O'Brien, someone else? Would've been a nice opportunity for Browne if he was around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back