Retired # 4: Jobe Watson - Now coach at Xavier College 28/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Lacked bit of heart at times. Uncharacteristic.
seriously? you really think that? lacked heart? he had a bad game and is probably more gutted about it that you and I over the loss.

He did make some uncharacteristic mistakes but still did alot of good things and found more footy then every other midfielder with the exception of Heppell... you can't keep champions down, look out whoever we play rd1!!!

Is a proven champion, his handballing in close and tight is still the best in the business and champion data showed this year on the AFL site that he is still the number one player at retaining possession in the centre square. He is getting slower, when he was already slow, which doesn't help, but a full season alongside an even better Heppell in 2015 is what I'm looking forward to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been in cruise control for two years.
I think you're forgetting he was second favourite (behind Ablett) for the brownlow medal last season until he broke his collarbone against Port mid season. You cant honestly say he has had a bad season this year considering he has barely been fully fit and because he had an off game last night. Sure he will never get back to his 2012 form as he is aging but he is certainly by no means in 'cruise control'

Bye strawman
You say he lacked heart. Would you like to be more specific?

I thought he had an average game last night. It was still better than the rubbish served up by Stanton, Myers, Winderlich and Gleeson combined though. He did not lack heart.

I thought he looked tired and short of a gallop, but tried valiantly. A few things he tried that would normally come off, didn't. We are judging him against his amazing 2012-first half of 2013 form though.

Full preseason and he will be ready to go next year. Probably has 2 years left as an A grade mid, injury permitting

I think you're forgetting he was second favourite (behind Ablett) for the brownlow medal last season until he broke his collarbone against Port mid season. You cant honestly say he has had a bad season this year considering he has barely been fully fit and because he had an off game last night. Sure he will never get back to his 2012 form as he is aging but he is certainly by no means in 'cruise control'

I'm not.

He's playing a gear or two below what he's capable of. It's noticeable and it's borderline frustrating. The Harlem Globetrotter style bounce handballs, the throws last night, none of that is what made him the best player in the comp two years ago. Jobe at his best is ferocious attack on the contest and quick, effective release handballs.

You say he lacked heart. Would you like to be more specific?

I thought he had an average game last night. It was still better than the rubbish served up by Stanton, Myers, Winderlich and Gleeson combined though. He did not lack heart.

I thought he looked tired and short of a gallop, but tried valiantly. A few things he tried that would normally come off, didn't. We are judging him against his amazing 2012-first half of 2013 form though.

Full preseason and he will be ready to go next year. Probably has 2 years left as an A grade mid, injury permitting

There were points where he lacked a bit of effort. As I said it was uncharacteristic. Yes he was tired but he could've given more. I'm not blaming him for the loss; his game was reasonable. I was just a little surprised. I never said Jobe lacks heart in general, so anyone who chooses to construe it that way can * right off.

There were points where he lacked a bit of effort. As I said it was uncharacteristic. Yes he was tired but he could've given more. I'm not blaming him for the loss; his game was reasonable. I was just a little surprised. I never said Jobe lacks heart in general, so anyone who chooses to construe it that way can **** right off.

Then maybe you should choose your words more carefully, especially when talking about Jobe

He came back half baked from his injury. He's been struggling to run out games ever since. I think he gave everything he had.

I'm not saying he is above criticism, but to question his heart, is not right.

Needs to kick more than handball - This is when he plays his best footy. A disappointing year in the context that Jobe doesn't often get tagged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back