Jul 1, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Joshua Jenkins

Height: 197cm
Weight: 104kg
DOB: 08/02/89
Club: Lake Boga (Vic)

Bio: Towering ruckman who is blindingly fast for his size. Averaged 1.5 goals a game for Lake Boga in his VFL district.

In his own words
What type of player are you?
I am an athletic and agile ruckman. I can also play as a key position or floating forward.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Mitch Clark.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
I have good speed and athletic ability for a ruckman. I also have good skills.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
I would like to improve my feel for the game which is missing due to a lack of recent match practise.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Richmond - I’ve followed them since I can remember.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
The current AFL players and my teammates have both had an influence on my career so far.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=104453

Bockchoy67

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Re: Jenkins a Crow

Not really expecting this bloke to be a back-up just yet. Needs more development. Still reckon we need a mature ruckman just for security.

Like this get though. Didn't give up much and the potential is there for a pretty decent prospect. Athleticism is good, can kick a goal and nice hands for a big fella.

May 10, 2009
Adelaide Oval
AFL Club
Adelaide

Well built already by the looks of this photo.:thumbsu:

joshjenkins_large4.jpg

Lawrst

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC

Watching those vids, he seems like he can swing forward well, take a good grab etc. Kicking action is better than most 200cm ruckman (including tip)

He could become a very handy player.

Crows#1

Senior List
Oct 28, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Any SA sporting team except Port

He could end up more than just a backup ruckman if he's handy up forward. Remember the brief experiment with 3 talls (Tippett, Walker and McKernan)? Plus, another insurance job if Tippett walks next year.

Nov 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville-West Torrens FC
I actuallly emailed Josh. I was his very first email. I asked him of his background and where he saw himself playing at the crows. Quite understandably, he didn't give much away. Here is verbatim of of his response to my email:

''Firstly, congratulations on being my first emailer!

To answer your questions, I felt I contributed well at times last season. I was on a high coming from nowhere to be drafted then playing NAB Cup footy.

I had some good games both as a forward & a ruckman so I hope to bring versatility to the Crows.

I'm very hopeful about the season ahead as I see many similarities between Essendon & us in terms of improvements.

Thanks for the email & be sure to follow the journal as the season progresses,

Josh

Sent from my iPhone''

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Watching the game now on Youtube.

I love this guy, he is a brute. Attacks the contest in both Ruck and in forward lines well.

If Tip has the season he had last year, he has some real competition for his spot. Mind you Tip looked good last week.

Hope he plays round one. Smack played a good game as well.

dylan123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just wondering how jenkins is going over at the crows? thanks guys
Noticed he had 14 touches, 17 disposals and kicked 4 goals 1 behind in a close loss against North Adelaide. Haven't seen him play (as I've from Vic) but from stats alone, he'd be knocking pretty hard on the door if he can back up that sort of game, could potentially do the exact same role that McKernan is currently doing in the side.

bombermick

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2009
Vermont South
AFL Club
Essendon
Glad he's doing well for you guys. Too bad for Josh Essendon didn't have a spot for him with Bellchambers, Ryder and Hille. Good luck Josh. :)

You guys have done well pilfering other clubs ruck stocks lately! :p

Adam Gribble

Draftee
Oct 15, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I the only one who see's the potential for a big bodied defender? I mean he is really fast for a big guy, he is tall, and he is strong, I could see him giving the power forwards a really hard time. Adelaide is really weak on key backmen at the moment and I could see him adding some real strength where we need it most, with Mckernan taking the other tall forward position that Tippet vacated.

Sep 19, 2007
The Pub
AFL Club
Adelaide
Am I the only one who see's the potential for a big bodied defender? I mean he is really fast for a big guy, he is tall, and he is strong, I could see him giving the power forwards a really hard time. Adelaide is really weak on key backmen at the moment and I could see him adding some real strength where we need it most, with Mckernan taking the other tall forward position that Tippet vacated.

It's certainly been discussed elsewhere and not a bad idea, Rendell has also brought it up. Our depth in the position is certainly light on and with Rutten only 1-2 years from retirement, it might be a good idea to train Jenkins up to take his spot in the side.

Having said that, I still think he's got great potential as a key forward and wouldn't be any means be giving up on him there.

Bailey01

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood Redlegs, Tennis
34 goals for the year so far including 4 bags of 4 and a bag of 5. Making excellent progress and helping take all of the load off of Tex until he gets back into top form next year.

34 goals for the year so far including 4 bags of 4 and a bag of 5. Making excellent progress and helping take all of the load off of Tex until he gets back into top form next year.

Right now, on track for a 50 goal season, which would be huge.

Back