Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else from the bulldogs or saints that we can have?

Off topic, when was the last time we traded with Essendon*? I remember Shane Harvey played there before us but not sure if that was a trade....

Has been crazy good, surprised the media haven't caught on more.

Would be 2nd/3rd in the B&F right now.

One thing I noticed from the replay is how he isn't shy to hand out a bake if one of the forwards don't do the team thing.

He gave Nahas a barbecuing for not handballing to him when he was running into an open goal in the last qtr, and he also gave BBB a nice thrashing for trying to out mark 2 opponents in the goal square instead of bringing the ball to ground when he was front and centre.

These actions means he's demanding the best, we often hear the Hawks and Cats (at their peak) would expect the best and demand the best out of each other, so for him to fire up the troops apposed to 'pats on the bum' is quite refreshing!

BTW...He's setting the example too!

One thing I noticed from the replay is how he isn't shy to hand out a bake if one of the forwards don't do the team thing.

He gave Nahas a barbecuing for not handballing to him when he was running into an open goal in the last qtr, and he also gave BBB a nice thrashing for trying to out mark 2 opponents in the goal square instead of bringing the ball to ground when he was front and centre.

These actions means he's demanding the best, we often hear the Hawks and Cats (at their peak) would expect the best and demand the best out of each other, so for him to fire up the troops apposed to 'pats on the bum' is quite refreshing!

BTW...He's setting the example too!

It scares me a little that Higgins is clearly (from) the environment of a good team and what that says about ours over the last decade (besides what we already know).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be biased or whatever, but surely Higgins now has to be talked about as an AA selection? Even in the 40 man squad?
Consistently hitting the scoreboard, more than not in the bests, averaging great numbers!
Just a thought.
Love Higgins!!

This might be biased or whatever, but surely Higgins now has to be talked about as an AA selection? Even in the 40 man squad?
Consistently hitting the scoreboard, more than not in the bests, averaging great numbers!
Just a thought.
Love Higgins!!

I mentioned this the other day,if AA was selected on positions he would be in.

But instead we'll have a pure midfielder named at half forward.

Just a thought.
Love Higgins!!
I have noticed his name being thrown up in AA discussions recently. I think someone on the Sunday Footy Show mentioned him, along with another article I read somewhere. If he keeps this kind of form up he'll be a shoe-in for at least a spot in the 40.

Agreed.

AA is just a media wank fest.

If anyone doubted this, then look at Goldstein's omission this week.

He broken the frigging record. Who cares against who it was?

If a forward kicked a record bag on a 1st game defender or a mid racked record possessions untagged they'd be a good chance of making that week's AA team I'd have thought.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back