Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-01-12/higgins-turning-heads

“I’ve seen a couple of boys talk about him recently, but just the way he (Higgins) moves and really has a crack. He’s got great skills. Every time he gets the ball he usually hits a target,” Swallow told NMFC.com.au on Monday.

Higgins has trained with his new teammates for little over a month, but with 129 games’ experience has hit the ground running.

“He’s probably a bit bigger than what I thought he was. He goes in and really has a crack at the footy and works really hard. He’s been super-impressive and hopefully he’s going to be a really handy addition for us,” he said.

Swallow, returning from a fortnight’s holiday in the United States, believes the recruitment of Higgins and Jarrad Waite will bolster the club’s depth.

The time is coming for Cunners to lose the hair, looking pretty bare there. Didn't hurt GAJ or Juddy.
Cunners grows hair when he wants. if he shouted at his scalp before bed he'd wake up looking like Fabio.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-targets-thread.1057305/page-32#post-34276526

Would be a very useful HF in our side. Brings a bit of class and creativity. Like a poor man's Shannon Grant and would play the same role.

Covers the vacancy made by Harper's body not getting going. That said Higgins' body isn't exactly built from titanium either.

Would not getting into a bidding war for him though and slightly surprised at Richmond and Carlton targeting him. Doggies could do well to exploit a good trade for him if on good terms or even sniff out (no pun) what sort of compo pick they'd get. They're well served for his type and could bundle what they get with their 1st pick and get a quality tall.

Made the comparison of Higgins being our modern day Shannon Grant way back in July.

Good to see a few are hopping on board now.

Was in the ballpark for dogs trading their 1st pick and compo for a tall but didn't anticipate how big their dice roll would be.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-targets-thread.1057305/page-32#post-34276526

Made the comparison of Higgins being our modern day Shannon Grant way back in July.

Good to see a few are hopping on board now.

Was in the ballpark for dogs trading their 1st pick and compo for a tall but didn't anticipate how big their dice roll would be.

I think you'll find I called it back in March.

http://static.oprah.com/images/tows/200909/20090916/20090916-tows-oprah-hair-chicago-600x411.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins is officially training the house down in 2015.

As he did in 2014, 2013, 2012...you can guess the rest.

The media trolled us for years with this story and now they're doing it to 'youse.'

Wasnt the most popular choice as a recruit obviously wiht the levi move but i thinkt hat will spur him on to have a massive pre season and a big 2015.

Does anyone else see him playing in the half back running role which will allow Atley to play more in the middle?

Hard to see him fitting in anywhere else

It worries me that a guy who "usually" hits a target is considered to have "great" skills!!

This made me think of Black Panther. Higgins hit is targets, 60% of the time - every time.

Wasnt the most popular choice as a recruit obviously wiht the levi move but i thinkt hat will spur him on to have a massive pre season and a big 2015.

Does anyone else see him playing in the half back running role which will allow Atley to play more in the middle?

Hard to see him fitting in anywhere else
Part of the beauty of Higgins is that he can play anywhere (except in the ruck :p). Classy in front of goal, can be a damaging midfielder or that running half back you mentioned. He wont play in 1 spot for the whole year.

Part of the beauty of Higgins is that he can play anywhere (except in the ruck :p). Classy in front of goal, can be a damaging midfielder or that running half back you mentioned. He wont play in 1 spot for the whole year.
Poor man's Boomer?

Personally i can see Higgins playing an Atley/Dal role sometimes going forward for goal.....

He offers much more output in terms of consistency and class than say Jacobs, McKenzie, Anthony. At worst Adams and Bastinac will get some more pressure.

He offers much more output in terms of consistency and class than say Jacobs, McKenzie, Anthony. At worst Adams and Bastinac will get some more pressure.

That's what I keep saying to mates who give him ****. All he has to do is improve on our 22nd best player (Basti? Adams? Jacobs?) and he's done his job. The best teams always have the best bottom six.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back