Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I keep saying to mates who give him ****. All he has to do is improve on our 22nd best player (Basti? Adams? Jacobs?) and he's done his job. The best teams always have the best bottom six.
Not always a perfect bottom six, of course. I'm thinking of two examples.

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
He offers much more output in terms of consistency and class than say Jacobs, McKenzie, Anthony. At worst Adams and Bastinac will get some more pressure.
Anthony isnt on the list anymore. Lets wait until after round 7 or 8 before we make a judgement on Jacobs, Adams and McKenzie (if you do play during those early rounds).

Anthony isnt on the list anymore. Lets wait until after round 7 or 8 before we make a judgement on Jacobs, Adams and McKenzie (if you do play during those early rounds).
Anthony got a game or two last season. I think he was taking that into consideration.

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
Anthony got a game or two last season. I think he was taking that into consideration.
I dont really like counting games where you start as the sub and play 1 and a bit quarter which LA did. From memory he played 1 "full" game Vs Hawthorn before being subbed off.

Daz

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 9, 2008
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Will be keeping an eye on his disposal. His kicking action looks great but the stats suggest he's quite poor.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
I think it's a bit like wells. He is usually trying to do something special with his kicks and sometimes they don't come off.
There's a bit of that about Jack too, although he tends to under or over cook many of his.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
100% agree

But to add to that I think jack is also very affected by confidence. Once he gets into his kicking groove he is a very good kick.

If he has missed a bit of footy or not playing that well his kicking slips.
Agreed that Jack is a very good kick, technically and in ability to make kicks many can't. It may be part confidence, sometimes I think it's over-confidence, but his decision-making and consistency in this area need to improve. Knowing what he can do makes it all the harder to bear when he misses the mark, usually distance-wise. The number of kicks that go over the head (mostly) or sometimes don't get there is frustrating as all hell.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-01-29/no-limitations

Shaun Higgins will not place any unnecessary pressure on himself to perform in 2015, instead he’ll be focusing on enjoying football at his new club, North Melbourne.
Speaking on SEN’s Morning Glory program, the former Bulldog said he is ‘really enjoying’ his time at Arden Street and can’t wait to line up in the royal blue and white.

“Having said that, I’ve loved it. It’s a challenge and a new experience obviously, but after two or three weeks it felt like I’d been there (at North) for a long time.”

Injuries have restricted Higgins to 129 games in his nine seasons at AFL level, but the 26-year-old has been in fine form on the training track.

“I’ve been able to have a good pre-season. They’ve (the Kangaroos) looked after me really well in terms of where I need to be and we’ll go from there.”

Admittedly a fluff piece but I appreciate the sentiments.

Will be keeping an eye on his disposal. His kicking action looks great but the stats suggest he's quite poor.

If he's the poor bastard who was given the job of trying to kick to the Dogs' nuffie forwards, I'm not surprised he had trouble hitting targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Looks as though Travis King got this wrong

NORTH Melbourne will be armed with a more balanced midfield mix as it strives to improve on last year's disappointing preliminary final exit, vice-captain Jack Ziebell believes.
The Roos swapped some outside dash for inside grunt when they snared free agent Shaun Higgins and reluctantly parted ways with Levi Greenwood during the NAB AFL Trade Period.

Looks as though Travis King got this wrong

NORTH Melbourne will be armed with a more balanced midfield mix as it strives to improve on last year's disappointing preliminary final exit, vice-captain Jack Ziebell believes.
The Roos swapped some outside dash for inside grunt when they snared free agent Shaun Higgins and reluctantly parted ways with Levi Greenwood during the NAB AFL Trade Period.

Oh really :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back