Past #4: Shaun Higgins - Higgo traded to Geelong for 2020 #30 - 2x Syds/108 NM gms/96 NM gls - thx Higgo

Remove this Banner Ad

I know its only a Nab game and i didnt watch the game but absolutely Rapt with the feedback on his game and class.. Easily in our best 22... Thank U

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt Higgins can play but he needs to start doing it more often and hopefully having good players around him (like he did at the Bulldogs in 2007-2010) brings out his best.

To compare him to Sam Mitchell and come out favourably is very strange on two fronts - one, it is completely wrong, and two, they are different players in what they offer.

You missed my point.. now I'll ask the burning question: How many players in the AFL today can play both sides of their body with the same deft 'accurate' touch?? Don't be blinded by the Hawks success which is more about their potent fwd set up and plus they didn't have a gorilla (another ex-Bulldog) down back.. NO way Hawks contend for the GF without additions down back after losing what whey failed to nail in 2012. Higgins isn't getting the respect because he's been banged up in recent times and playing in a 'nearly there' PF team who everyone forgets how important their fleet footed soldiers were to get them CLOSE despite having a lesser potent fwd line.

really people are surprised ?
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this. Of course he was gonna be best 22. He has what we have lacked (foot skills and class) in spades.

Don't know what the Bulldogs have been doing wasting him in defence.
Mix of idiotic coaching staff and a lack of skill off the half back.

Highly skilled no doubt. Exactly as Daz has alluded to though. Despite being a natural forward we played him there through necessity not because we wanted to. (Although our thinking seemed to become fairly regimented and inflexible in the last year or two unfortunately.) I like Higgo and wish him well at North. Nice fella who became a bit of a whipping boy at the Doggies… injuries were unkind but I hope he gets a better run of luck with you blokes.

Probably has something to do with them being a shambles of a football club.

Tremendous post. Great insight. Why don't you post on The Bay anymore? I doubt any of your previous cellmates are regular posters. No need to be frightened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back