4 weeks of free AFL live pass

Remove this Banner Ad

Uh oh. Having issues playing AFL TV through Apple TV, only playing the audio instead of the video as well. Anyone else having the same problem?
Like the Foxtel app, AFL Live app doesn't work over Apple TV due to a TV rights issue. Hasn't worked for the past couple of years.

Like the Foxtel app, AFL Live app doesn't work over Apple TV due to a TV rights issue. Hasn't worked for the past couple of years.
Worked a treat for me last year though? I'm basically stuffed if it's going to stop working from now on though!

Its also possible (I'm not techy enough to know how) to make it look like your internet provider is in another country.
So you could make it look like your IP address is in France, and then buy the international pass/Saints international membership so you get every single game, even the Vic Metro/Vic Country games, for about $90.

I had someone do similar for me, when I bought a pass to watch cycling online - the pass wasn't available in UK, so my friend set up my laptop so that it seemed like I was in Belgium.
Just a quick settings change in chrome! Do you know how reliable the international pass is? Think I've read people having a lot of trouble with it.

Just a quick settings change in chrome! Do you know how reliable the international pass is? Think I've read people having a lot of trouble with it.

It had some issues early last year but from about round 5 onwards it was fine. And that was just the app - their website portal was always fine for me, so even when the app was buggy, just used browser instead.

It doesn't even flag as media for a website category, so my work's office web security doesn't block it. I would watch Saints games live then watch the others during the week, a couple downloaded to my tablet, and another couple during my lunch hours at work!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this actually work? I was under the impression the app used DRM to prevent it from displaying "off" your tablet/phone.

Also, the app DOES utilize wifi when it can correct?

thats been my experience
Afl are good at stopping you from plugging your phone/tablet into your tv for a larger picture, otherwise less people would get fox footy etc

thats been my experience
Afl are good at stopping you from plugging your phone/tablet into your tv for a larger picture, otherwise less people would get fox footy etc
Really? :(

I was all excited.

Oh well, I'll still give it a try...

Run the afl app through your Apple tv... It isn't that hard, I use to do it all the time and worked fine. Just put your iPad or tablet or whatever to play all videos to Apple tv. And their u go, it's just SD tho, but hey things could be worse in life

Run the afl app through your Apple tv... It isn't that hard, I use to do it all the time and worked fine. Just put your iPad or tablet or whatever to play all videos to Apple tv. And their u go, it's just SD tho, but hey things could be worse in life
Have you tried that recently? Doesn't work for me anymore.

Have you tried that recently? Doesn't work for me anymore.
I did it proberbly 20-30 times last season when I watched games in my room.

I did it proberbly 20-30 times last season when I watched games in my room.
Me too but try watch a replay of the game last night and see how you go. If it still works for you I'll be filthy! ;)

Me too but try watch a replay of the game last night and see how you go. If it still works for you I'll be filthy! ;)
I'll try it now.

Yep it still worked. I'll post how I did it.

Oo FFS It worked with a random highlight video but the full match is blacked out, even when I do mirroring from my iPad it doesn't work..

BRING BACK VLAD

Last edited:
It's the same with HDMI cables. AFAIK, there's no way to hook it up to your tv to stream anymore. I think there will be a lot of unhappy people this year.

EDIT: Apple TV users, try use AirPlay
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-live.1052466/page-5#post-32143502

Thread: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/afl-live.1052466/page-4

Still works with smart TVs (i.e. wireless, no cables), tried mine before leaving the house this morning.

Likewise, if you have a TV with a browser, and the AFL international subscription, you can log onto the website and watch there.

Last edited:
Credit where credit is due. In light of my earlier, slightly antagonistic, comment about the NAB Cup AFL media manager assuming a very effective landing position, I must now commend him for delivering the footy to the masses. Keep up the stellar work!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back