Delisted #40: Ben Howlett - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Murphy on Chapman and Winderlich more.

Might have to rewatch it because i remember the commentators saying he was doing a job on Murphy.

Who played on Higgins?

Melksham played on Murphy. Last year when Howlett was dropped to the VFL he dominated with 40 odd possessions. I would like Aylett to come in for Howlett. Think we need more help around the ball

Some really good 2nd and 3rd efforts. That one on the wing in particular, but didn't do much else. 8 disposals is not really satisfactory for someone who playing their 83rd game of football.

bennymark_zps04d30f67.gif

benstep_zps77dd4656.gif

Last edited:

Howlett did some nice things.. mark and goal.. and the passage on the wing..

But overall not enough consistency.. still stick by the assessment he is player 20-24 on the list.

Wouldn't mind Aylett taking his place for a few weeks and seeing how that goes..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whats the point here anyway about who Melksham did or didn't play on? This is about Howlett and he was putrid, 2 good things does not make a good game, 8 disposals is an absolute disgrace for 4 quarters of football.

I don't know about you guys, but when I see a teammate do this on the field, It's immensely inspiring, how could you want to drop that!?!

I think Howlett is picked before Zaharakis, Myers or Melksham.
Gives his all, every week, tackles hard, runs both ways, provides a contest when forward, kicks goals, always yelling for players to follow.
Zaharakis fades in and out, as does Melksham.
I love having Myers' boot in the middle, but Howlett provides that contagious enthusiasm and pressure that I am certain he's picked for.
Myers is easily better than Howlett. Melksham's probably been slightly better this season and was easily better last season. Zaharakis should get dropped before him but what he's shown in the past is much better than what Howlett has. Howlett over Melksham and Zaharakis is not a totally ridiculous call based on their form but he is not even close to Myers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back