Delisted #40: Ben Howlett - Not offered a contract for 2018 - 24/10

Remove this Banner Ad

You cannot falter his endeavor, but really... brute force is not enough. I love the guy but can't help yearn for a younger player to take his spot already.

More so the set shot at the end, at least a behind would have kept pressure on their defence.
40 metres out, at the end of the game with heavy legs. Yes, he didn't hit it well.

I would be pointing my finger at Carlisle and Melksham for both their indiscretion and missed set shots before I would even consider Howlett.

It didn't cost us the game though, you're angry at the loss - fair enough. Don't look for a scapegoat.
40 metres out, at the end of the game with heavy legs. Yes, he didn't hit it well.

I would be pointing my finger at Carlisle and Melksham for both their indiscretion and missed set shots before I would even consider Howlett.
Yeah i'm a bit pissed off and the last few minutes stuck in the mind :mad:

Forgot all about Carlisle and his insolence and Melks is an idiot.

We desperately need Dalgleish or Edwards (specifically) to go past Benny.....we have to get the leg speed of one (or both) of these guys into our team

We desperately need Dalgleish or Edwards (specifically) to go past Benny.....we have to get the leg speed of one (or both) of these guys into our team
Edwards is a HB and our long term replacement for Dempsey

8 i50. Surprising!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howlett lacks pace, struggles to kick more than 40m. If we are to progress towards being a top 4 team either he needs to get better or we find better talent in our best lineup.

He was vital in the second half revival.

He, Winderlich, Hepp and Dempsey were just destroying themselves with repeated efforts to get us back in it.
He was especially vital in our second to last goal- just kept running.

Its funny how a lot of the comments in this thread are about Benny not being good enough with ball in hand or fast enough to be an effective player. For me the only thing holding him back is his ability to find the pill consistently.

Its funny how a lot of the comments in this thread are about Benny not being good enough with ball in hand or fast enough to be an effective player. For me the only thing holding him back is his ability to find the pill consistently.

His lack of pace is part of the reason he doesn't find the pill

Heart and soul of the Dons. Love his efforts, so important. But yea agree, needs to find the pill more and be more damaging once he has it.

I'm really going to need to watch the replay. The image that stuck in my head from yesterday is Howlett being worked off and being totally unable to work back.

He is great in close but that is not the problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back