Past #17: Aaron Mullett - 85 NM games/31 goals - ‘11 Rookie Draft - Fish —> Carlton as DFA Nov’17

Remove this Banner Ad

Not at all. I meant it's shithouse he's injured.
But sometimes thats a blessing in disguise , wasn't there an injury or suspension where Firrito slipped back into contention? Its sliding doors , these situation offers new opportunities to those who weren't considered into calculation. Jesus we wouldn't have seen sugar Kane last year if Nahas didn't get injured (who was doing great for us at the time).
I see Mullett as a 10 yr player (pending payment and outside issues) he is injured, our list management is to have another type like Mullett available.
Scotty McMahon has ticked many boxes this preseason and is more than capable to reestablish himself ........even get some early games into others Mckenzie for example.

Injured players who can easily be replaced due to the the roles they play dont damage our side.

But sometimes thats a blessing in disguise , wasn't there an injury or suspension where Firrito slipped back into contention? Its sliding doors , these situation offers new opportunities to those who weren't considered into calculation. Jesus we wouldn't have seen sugar Kane last year if Nahas didn't get injured (who was doing great for us at the time).
I see Mullett as a 10 yr player (pending payment and outside issues) he is injured, our list management is to have another type like Mullett available.
Scotty McMahon has ticked many boxes this preseason and is more than capable to reestablish himself ........even get some early games into others Mckenzie for example.

Injured players who can easily be replaced due to the the roles they play dont damage our side.
I think the best recent example is Anthony's injury which led to Swallow getting games.

Isn't Harps rediscovering himself as a backman? I hear opportunity knocking
That was last year. Who knows what is in store this year. He is looking the part to date but that has never been the problem.

That was last year. Who knows what is in store this year. He is looking the part to date but that has never been the problem.

This is a revolutionary idea, why don't we try and play him as a half forward?

I fear this may be too revolutionary, but hey, what's life without being bold.

This is a revolutionary idea, why don't we try and play him as a half forward?

I fear this may be too revolutionary, but hey, what's life without being bold.
We've got posters who still press the panic button and want Hansen up forward again so ... : shrug :

Mullett on the mend

120215_MullettLarge.jpg

Defender Aaron Mullett is making good progress from shoulder surgery and has turned to teammates Leigh Adams and Aaron Black for extra support.

The 184cm backman underwent surgery last month to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder, which is expected to sideline him until at least round seven.

Mullett, who turns 23 later this month, said his rehabilitation is going according to plan.

“I came in last week for the first time (after the operation) and did bikes and leg weights,” Mullett toldNMFC.com.au.

“I ran today which is a massive step. I’m still in the sling – just did a few laps – (and) now that I’m getting out there, it’ll improve really quickly in the next week or two.

“I’ll be really ramping up the running sessions and that’s pretty much all I’ll be doing for the next month.”

As part of his recovery, Mullett said he has sought advice from teammates Adams and Black, both of whom underwent shoulder surgeries in the past couple of years.

More here: http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-02-12/mullett-on-the-mend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He appears to be back on track, both literally and figuratively. 12 weeks post op, in another month, and he should have full range of movement back and be flying. Geez he's a good shot for goal on the run.

He appears to be back on track, both literally and figuratively. 12 weeks post op, in another month, and he should have full range of movement back and be flying. Geez he's a good shot for goal on the run.
If I had to bet my life on a goal I'd choose Mullet from 50 streaming towards goal.

Mullet is the great unknown. He could break out in his third season and be the cherry on top in the second half of the season or be stuck in purgatory aka 'In the mix' with good but not 'bashing down the door' VFL performances.

Last season was disappointing although injuries played a significant part. My major worry is that he is never going to be as defensively adept as McMillian, Atley and resurrected Wright. I suspect his best position is on the wing.

How is Mullett travelling now? Is he still shaping up to play some footy within the next 4 weeks? I would love to see him make a wing his own, and with the injuries to Wells and Dal Santo and the slow start to the year for Atley, I reckon he could still have a huge role to play in 2015 if he can recapture some of his 2013 form.

Where do we play him is the eternal question? He, Atley, and Lukey, while yes all very different players, seem to be battling for very similar positions on the ground, that backman who pushes onto the wing/outside midfield run. Luke looks like he could be a bit more inside midfield and to be honest I have wet dreams about Mullet and Atley screaming off half back one day but right now, can all three fit in to the side and if so, where?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back