Delisted #41: Will Hams - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

644262_3853914325180_581673967_n.jpg

Gippsland Power ex pat.

I'll put more details here later.

Others can edify us on this subject, I'm sure.

From Snoop Dog's phantom:

# 7 Carlton
William Hams (Gippsland Power / 177cm / 70kg / ’94)
Bit unherald but a real favourite of mine. Terrific ball winner through the stoppages and has a raking left boot on him. His hands in close are good and doesn’t fear a contest. Only issue I have with him is sometimes its just a bit get it on the foot and roost it. He has the pace to work with to enable him to clear contests and his kicking ability when not under pressure is excellent so I think there is improvement in him and he could be a handy player. If you could clean up some areas like his decision making then thinking Daniel Rich would be appropriate.

Poor kid. Is always going to be up against it now due to the somewhat unrealistic Gartlett expectations of supporters.

Welcome. :)
In the mind of half of our supporters, this kid is already on his last chance.

vale will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome aboard Wilba, can't wait to see ya pull on the red and black!!! Fantastic young kid from my home town, played senior football at age 15 and is tough as nails. Real hard worker and is exactly the kind of young guy a club can be proud to have on their list.

please explain

i mean really, this strikes me as a far bigger deal than stupid garlett. there's a frankston player we don't want. la ****?

i must admit, i would have preferred we stuck with the mature age sorta guy in the PSD, which would have put osborne (and others, obv) into the frame. but i guess after picking dylan v & kommer in the national draft they thought they had enough

Good article about him on sporting pulse.com by Kate Mitchell...

Will Hams Standing Tall

I still remember the first time I met Will Hams, I honestly thought he was someone’s little brother who had tagged along with the big kids. It was at a Gippsland Power home game in 2011. Not very tall, with a slight frame Will had a helmet on to play.
When I realised he was actually going to run out on to the field I became genuinely concerned for his safety. This poor kid was going to get crunched.
But straight away my perceptions were proved wrong. Will may have been little in size but he wasn’t little in courage or ability. I was amazed at his willingness to smash into packs and get amongst it. After working so hard to get the ball his disposal was then spot-on.

Will Hams Standing Tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back