Delisted #41: Will Hams - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

It does not bother me how much you have seen. Lots of people see lots of games and i never was using not seeing him as a factor in what i said. I have seen 11 of his 15 VFL games and i know this because i keep my notes from all the games i have seen. He may not be the current mid we need but Watson can not go on forever and this bloke has shown he is very good in and under the packs and finding a target.
Comparing him to Heppell is a bit rich as Heppell is close to elite. I do not think anyone is saying Hams will ever be elite.
As for never being as strong as Myers, well he does not have to be, he can already scrap the ball out of the middle effectively in the VFL. He only has to marginally improve his strength over all.

I simply do not agree with the call he is a list clogger at this stage. He has not played enough footy to call either way yet but he has shown some decent form when he is on the park. I agree he needs to develop his outside game. But he has also spent a 12 month period out of the game and training so effectively he is a second year player.

As Hams is an inside mid only he'd have to replace one of Watson, hocking, Myers and Heppell to get a game.

I don't rate him - my personal opinion. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him being anything special.

My take is that Ants is concerned about our form when he makes rapid fire posts.

I do have concerns but with the wife working on Sundays i have more time to myself before and after the Sunday games;)
I really do have some serious concerns about how we can get the list to the next level and not just be a 5th to 12th side but that is a story for another
thread.

As Hams is an inside mid only he'd have to replace one of Watson, hocking, Myers and Heppell to get a game.

I don't rate him - my personal opinion. I hope he proves me wrong but I don't see him being anything special.

Now we wait and see :)

Would have had no problem if they went with Kav but it was line ball. Hams was very good against Sandy and good when he came on as sub last week. On top of that he had a reasonable first up Nab game and a good practice match before the Sandy game. He was selected on form but i would have had no issue with Kav being the one selected at the same time. Would also say though that one of Kavs issues is getting outside finding the ball and using that speed. His best footy has been inside so far.

Must have been line ball as they took Fantasia to Perth but in reality his form was not as good in the lead up games and was playing more half back.

Went as an emg but was dropped because they thought we had too many talls last week so read into that what you want but i do not see how that is a factor in Hams selection. Different role. Would have been happy to see him stay in. Would have thought Merritt came in for Langford.

My read on Brown is simply he was a couple of games behind the others in his comeback. Did not really play until the last VFL practice match so he would now only be ready having played a few games. have no problem at all if he gets in. I want to see him at senior level.

Not sure about complicated and ineffective garbage from the coaching panel. Purely a list management decision so they could use draft picks 17 and 20 plus get Cooney in and keep Chapman. If he was AFL ready he would have been scouted by other clubs (which i am sure he was) and picked off as we left him exposed and everyone else knew he was there. He may have something for the future, i like what he does but if he was an AFL ready player he would have been picked by someone in the draft.

Yes it is but not sure how that has any bearing on Hams getting a game. Also plays at half back so would more likely be competing with Gleeson or Dempsey for a game.

Mentioning other players who have games that add something that is lacking to the AFL team. They're factors because Hams is being selected taking up a spot in the 22 I don't think in 2015 he is adding much to.

He seems to have gone AWOL - anyone know whats going on with Will - hasn't played senior footy in over 2 months or reserves for a month but not on injury list...Bizzaro...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not be so sure. He is one of Hird's love children.

He is someone that has benefitted from the club being "too nice" to players that are good blokes in a bad time off the field and haven't impacted much on the field.
All the noise out of the club is that this is due to stop this coming off season.

He is someone that has benefitted from the club being "too nice" to players that are good blokes in a bad time off the field and haven't impacted much on the field.
All the noise out of the club is that this is due to stop this coming off season.

Hams can play, I don't think that is the problem, but he has hardly impacted a contest at AFL level becasue he is still built like a 5'10 17 year old boy. I also thought that his selection earlier this year was a joke in the context of a half completed pre-season and form that was no better than 2 or 3 others who have actually been able to impact at AFL level.

His body seemingly cant cope with the rigours of AFL football. Only 5 games in 4 years at the club (averaging 4.5 disposals a game). Hes constantly breaking down, not up to it & will be cut at end of year

Did he have some family issues earlier this year?
Its a shame he turned it on in the VFL a few times..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back