Delisted #41: Will Hams - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah it was Carlton.

I think he only had one handball against the swans, looked a bit out of his depth to be honest trying to come on at half time and impact the game when we were playing so badly

Red and Black Preview, #41, Will Hams

Will switches play

Will Hams

Height: 180cms

Weight: 71kgs

Games: 2

Position: Midfield/Utility

Fantasy Relevance: Watchlist

Look Out For: Reckless attack on the footy, Hair, hair, long beautiful hair.

Hams is almost the footballer who was never meant to be, he’s a bit short, a bit light, not that quick and doesn’t have incredible skills, but he’s close enough, and what he lacks, he makes up for in effort, aggression and simply trying his guts out.

Will made 2 appearances in the green vest in 2013 that were highlighted by a handful of touches and one extraordinary effort against Carlton to set up a crucial goal for Jake Melksham.

His knack for throwing himself into every contest like it’s his last is quickly winning fans amongst Essendon supporters, and his popularity will only continue to grow as he develops his game. His skills lack a little refinement, but that will come with time and training.

What to expect in 2014: Having played all over the ground at times last year, Hams will be looking to put his stamp on a permanent midfield spot in the VFL in 2014. Expect the former Gippsland Power player to start this year as he finished the last one, hard tackles and hard running promise to be a feature of his game yet again.

Look for Hams to be a real link player, bobbing up all over the ground and getting multiple possessions in a chain of play to transition the ball from defence to attack, not unlike what Brent Stanton has been doing for so long.

Willba has opted for surgery as his persistent hip problem wasn't healing. Apparently a psoas tendon problem, what a bizarre injury to have.

This year is basically lost, he hasn't done any training for 2 and a half months. A bit more company for the Browne dogg in the rehab group i guess

Willba has opted for surgery as his persistent hip problem wasn't healing. Apparently a psoas tendon problem, what a bizarre injury to have.

This year is basically lost, he hasn't done any training for 2 and a half months. A bit more company for the Browne dogg in the rehab group i guess
No chance of him getting back late in the season?

No chance of him getting back late in the season?

Possibly, but what the hell do I know? I thought he was on track for a VFL return last week.

ESSENDON has been dealt a double blow, with Nick Kommer and Will Hams needing surgery.

Kommer had a impressive debut last year and played 19 games but he is yet to return this season because of a knee injury.

Hams, who played two games last year, has gone under the knife to repair a psoas tendon in his midriff.

"With Nick, he has been really chronic with patella tendonitis which we rarely operate on," club doctor Bruce Reid told the Essendon website.

"But he's had a very successful operation."

Reid added that Hams had been unable to train for 10 weeks and the Bombers "bit the bullet" by opting for surgery, rather than wait until the end of the season.

"We need to look long-term with both of them," he said.

It is unclear when either player will be ready to play again, with Essendon reporting the duo will be unable to train for several weeks.

After a promising start to the season, Essendon sits 11th and have the bye this weekend before facing Richmond at the MCG next Saturday.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-05-21/two-bombers-down

It's a shame, because more grunt and someone who attacks the pill and the man like a crazy person would be handy right now

This means that we will have 3 more rookie upgrades after the free one in Round 11. I suggest that if the season goes pear-shaped in the next four weeks, that all rookies will be upgraded.

So with those three out for the season, do we give Will a 1 year extension?

Given draft sanctions, absolutely, much better than pick 85 or something.

Having said that I would anyway, there's a lot to work with with hammer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have heard he's having a really rough time of it of late with some family stuff which may have put a new contract on the backburner for the moment.

I'd give him another 2 years anyway, but the club really should stick with him through all of this and give him another deal

Have heard he's having a really rough time of it of late with some family stuff which may have put a new contract on the backburner for the moment.

I'd give him another 2 years anyway, but the club really should stick with him through all of this and give him another deal

Hope its other stuff and not the ASADAsaga getting between he and his family.

Was Sarah his mum? :cool: (to soon?)

Hope its other stuff and not the ASADAsaga getting between he and his family.

Was Sarah his mum? :cool: (to soon?)

I'm obviously not close to it but it doesn't sound like it's got anything to do with that

Hams wasn't at the club in 2012.

And that is clearly something I missed :drunk:

But yeah, other issues afoot that could potentially explain why he hasn't had his contract renewed as yet

And that is clearly something I missed :drunk:

But yeah, other issues afoot that could potentially explain why he hasn't had his contract renewed as yet
As in he's preoccupied so he'll sign later, or not sure if he'll sign? I rate him pretty highly and am always keen on Sloane Clones.

As in he's preoccupied so he'll sign later, or not sure if he'll sign? I rate him pretty highly and am always keen on Sloane Clones.

As in it could potentially be preoccupied at the moment and that could potentially be holding up him signing a deal, but I have no idea if he's been presented with a deal or not. And just as I say this i find that it's also been posted on blitz, so I may as well scrap the obtuse rubbish and be out with it.

Will's dad died last week, which is obviously unspeakably tragic and I can't even begin to contemplate what he's going through, but footy would probably not be front of mind right now and rightly so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back