Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Impressive kick.

Alot of upside considering how far he lived from Perth and he only moved there this year. Massivie amount of improvement left in him.
Living in the city has nothing to do with how good of a footballer you are. That's ludicrous.

Mountford played league at about 16 from memory. You don't get that in the city. Albany doesn't have a school competition and there's an allure to playing league for your local side. It's not like the city areas where you've got rep squads. You can learn a lot about the importance of hitting a target under pressure, evasiveness, and the importance of gut running and leading when you're a dweeby teenager playing against bulky plumbers.

I slagged off a few local footballers (read my posts in the Bootsma thread... they didn't want to believe it) but Mountford'll be a good player. Genuinely think Freo will regret getting a 26-year old over this kid (who I'm pretty sure supported Fremantle).

Seems like a nice kid. Very fresh / naive.

I love this time of year. Great to watch these young guys develop.
Hopefully this batch we've drafted all do well & grow together.

His highlights in that video & stats from the combine suggest he could/should have gone higher. Nice pick.

I just watched his highlights vid, seriously needs to work on his kicking and hit targets. Could also do with a meal or two.

Perplexing pick, this one.

I assume you're joking. Elite pace, elite endurance and kicks with both feet. He's pick 60, not pick 6. Very happy with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like the way he speaks and his attitude is already first class. If he plays that way he'll be an awesome pick up. Really looking forward to seeing him make it. I hope the away from home factor is manageable for him.

Just searched some comments on the site about Declan and he was mentioned as being a smokie for Rd 2 or even late Rd 1 so happy to get him with our late pick. Right attitude and he appears to be pretty quick and able to break tackles and win his own ball!. Oh and he also seems to be able to hit a target; stern look Gibbo!

Just searched some comments on the site about Declan and he was mentioned as being a smokie for Rd 2 or even late Rd 1 so happy to get him with our late pick. Right attitude and he appears to be pretty quick and able to break tackles and win his own ball!. Oh and he also seems to be able to hit a target; stern look Gibbo!
I'm sure Gibbo would hit targets at WAFL ressies or Colts.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back