Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

Can run. Can kick.

What's the catch? Can he win his own ball? You'll have to excuse me I, these threads grow to quick and I struggle to keep up.

So far I've decided Hibbered is my boy but this kid looks a goer too.

My recruiting mates assessment:

Who? didn't know much about him personally so didn't have any real comment.

Not sure if this is the NMFC view or my recruiting mate's personal view but he said Mountford was our biggest bargain. They're pretty excited about him (well, as excited as you can be about a pick 60 in a s**t draft).

Will be a good size.

413086-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got around to watching his highlights. Can see exactly what his local coach said, looks a touch unfashionable and his kicking style appears a bit unusual, but gee he has some tricks in traffic. One to watch for sure.

Tall and already bigger than Basti and Mckenzie. Beautiful
Have you seen him in person?

He was dropped from 183cm at Claremont (they probably don't even measure players, they just ask them to fill in a sheet) to 180cm at draft camp (where you'd hope they're measuring them correctly). Is he actually that tall? He was always a slight and small kid but I knew he shot up, but I don't know how big.

Also, no idea how people in this thread were saying he was skinny and needed work. As I was saying, he walks into the doors with much, much more of a base than 70% of draftees.

Have you seen him in person?

He was dropped from 183cm at Claremont (they probably don't even measure players, they just ask them to fill in a sheet) to 180cm at draft camp (where you'd hope they're measuring them correctly). Is he actually that tall? He was always a slight and small kid but I knew he shot up, but I don't know how big.

Also, no idea how people in this thread were saying he was skinny and needed work. As I was saying, he walks into the doors with much, much more of a base than 70% of draftees.

I hadn't actually seen his height, just looks tall in the photo.

agree 100% that he looks a more solid build that a lot of our other draftees. Probably even more solid than LMac when he walked into the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back