Past #42: Declan Mountford - delisted by NMFC on 04 October 2018 - thanks and good luck Dec

Remove this Banner Ad

He's damn quick, but also evasive, with the Atley second half of the season confidence. If he can bring that to the midfield on the outside wing and Mcdonald on the other wing, Atley can dominate half-back with Mullet/Hibberd running off half-back.

Am l right Quivorir or what.

He's damn quick, but also evasive, with the Atley second half of the season confidence. If he can bring that to the midfield on the outside wing and Mcdonald on the other wing, Atley can dominate half-back with Mullet/Hibberd running off half-back.

Sure. Why not? I know nothing about these draftees :p

I've just watched his extended highlights clip and I think you're underselling him.

Quick, evasive, good kick, loves a goal.

Boomer replacement.

Toot Toot goes the Mountford Model T.

Further comment from his coach down here on FB:
"Played 2013 League premiership in the centre pretty much all year averaging 30 plus possession 2/3 goals a game as a 16 year old. From 17s colts league at nafc then to claremont never seen a kid develop so much every year and this will continue at north Melbourne because he will listen work his butt off and will get bigger stronger and more confident in afl system. He will surprise a lot afl experts because he is better than they think. So your club has a gun.
Pity the Eagles missed one here."

I'm sold. Suck s**t West Coast!!!

I've just watched his extended highlights clip and I think you're underselling him.

Quick, evasive, good kick, loves a goal.

Boomer replacement.

Toot Toot goes the Mountford Model T.
Like a Martin/Harvey hybrid without the proof, for now. Size won't hold him back with that mongrel, like turner in that regard.

I agree ArjenTheGreat ....in fact I stated it in the draft thread last week. Has very similar traits.

Good pick up mate....Just moves exactly the same as him... almost like copying someones bowling action. (I can still do a wonderful Peter Taylor, Carl Rackerman and Terry Alderman)

This kid is my boy, dunno why, but he looks as good as any of them.

He's from my town of Albany.
His old coach down here said: "Good pickup, he will be a lot better than they think. He's a very smart player who looks average but will surprise a lot of AFL experts."

lol average. Looks to have elite evasive skills, pace and a beautiful kick.

Kid will be a gun, kind of annoyed we passed on him but Murtimer looks pretty good too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't shoot me down but a couple of his plays in the vid screamed Wellsy the way he glided across the turf!!
Funnily enough, Declan and Clarke excite me the most of our draftees, followed by Hibberd.

I'm from the same town and club as Declan. He's a few years younger than me but I remember him from around the traps. In the country, you tend to run into the same kids all the time, so I recall him from tennis and cricket as well as Auskick. A very normal, decent family and he's a pretty normal, decent person from all reports.

I reckon he'll end up being a real jet. A lot of the time, endurance as a main attribute can translate to 'athlete' and not 'footballer.' But he runs smartly – he doesn't run because it's what he does, he runs because he knows that's how you get touches. A real bonafide gut runner, he'll be a real workhorse. Reportedly has very tidy skills.

Albany and specifically the Kangas down there have produced really good footballers in the last few year. And quite often, they're really overlooked. It's probably because they only get the one year at Claremont. It's not like kids from the city, who can be in a system for years and have heaps more access to rep squads and things like that. I mean, Jeremy McGovern and Marley Williams are from the same club and got drafted in the third or fourth round and then the rookie draft – they've turned out to be really tidy players.

Anyway, Declan already knows the song and I really hope he gets to sing it a few times. I was really wishing Freo would pick him up.

I'm from the same town and club as Declan. He's a few years younger than me but I remember him from around the traps. In the country, you tend to run into the same kids all the time, so I recall him from tennis and cricket as well as Auskick. A very normal, decent family and he's a pretty normal, decent person from all reports.

I reckon he'll end up being a real jet. A lot of the time, endurance as a main attribute can translate to 'athlete' and not 'footballer.' But he runs smartly – he doesn't run because it's what he does, he runs because he knows that's how you get touches. A real bonafide gut runner, he'll be a real workhorse. Reportedly has very tidy skills.

Albany and specifically the Kangas down there have produced really good footballers in the last few year. And quite often, they're really overlooked. It's probably because they only get the one year at Claremont. It's not like kids from the city, who can be in a system for years and have heaps more access to rep squads and things like that. I mean, Jeremy McGovern and Marley Williams are from the same club and got drafted in the third or fourth round and then the rookie draft – they've turned out to be really tidy players.

Anyway, Declan already knows the song and I really hope he gets to sing it a few times. I was really wishing Freo would pick him up.
Does this mean he…

BFNAAK??

:eek:

Uh. What is the catch?

The highlights show a dynamic, smart player who's capable and clever through stoppages, who makes good decisions at pace, can kick either foot and puts them to the advantage side of the forward, and knows where the goals are once he gets inside the 50.

What gives?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back