Past #42: Scott McMahon - club won't renew contract (29/9) & Loose retires (13/10) - thanks Loose

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott McMahon

smc.jpg

Fast Facts
Jumper No: 42
Height: 184
Weight: 83
DOB: 02/06/1986
Recruited From

Watch out for Scott to put in a solid performance for Tassie on the weekend. Hopefully we can see him pressing for senior selection early in the season.

AFL Website 2007 Kangaroos Preview

Scott McMahon - The athletic midfielder represented South Australia at Under-18 level in 2004 and won VFL affiliate club Port Melbourne's reserves best and fairest in 2005, which led to his elevation to the Kangaroos' senior list last year. McMahon's consistency while playing for Tasmania in the VFL last season has given him another opportunity to prove himself at AFL level.

Thanks to 75779699_06070809 for this report
Scott McMahon. Good solid game. Was tagging No 2 from Bombers early. I suspect in Brady Rawlings like fashion would have got very high mark from the coaches for this game. Decision making under pressure needs work. Seemed to be carrying some sort of leg injury but still ran the game out well.

He was also named amongst the best in a 5 goal win, so all signs are looking good for Scott.

Getting closer to a senior game now. Named as an emergency for the first time. I do hope he gets a game (unlike some), as I believe he shouldn't be judged before he's even made his debut.

A good game for Tasmania this week should see him close again for next week.

What are his prospects for staying in the side longer term this season? Haven't seen him play yet.

Billy has that Ben Buckley calibre game about him. Doesn't panic, uses ball well, reads the play and is aware of the situation around him. Celebrates his 21st b'day on Saturday @ Subiaco. Onya Billy. :thumbsu:

I'll fess up and say that I'm interested in this kid from a Supercoach perspective...

Where is he at?

Surprised he was dropped. Seemed to have made quite a good impression. It looks like most North fans would prefer to see him in the team ahead of a couple of other guys at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definately not a supercoach prospect.. You're better off going with Gray or Westoff from Port who are all but assured a game for the remainder of the season...

Hows he been going in the VFL - haven't heard much about him lately. Woulda thought he'd get more games with Gibson out.

Gee whiz he has looked comfortable at AFL level.
What a great purple patch in the second term, and loved that he was dirty on allowing Higgins mark when the game was all over.
That mark was quite something.
A real find.

Gee whiz he has looked comfortable at AFL level.
What a great purple patch in the second term, and loved that he was dirty on allowing Higgins mark when the game was all over.
That mark was quite something.
A real find.
I have been pumping this guy up for ages, where have you been wiper? No where.

Never in doubt.

Certainly not one I thought would make it, but looks the part. As others mentioned, gorgeous purple patch today.

Dissapointing not to see Ed Lower follow up some fine form of late, still deserves his spot next week I would of though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back