Past Zach Tuohy

Jul 2, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Carlton
The Irish player who stood out for me was Carlton's Zach Tuohy. If you think he's good at our game, you should see him at his own. Blunt and physically powerful, yet possessed of all the skills, Tuohy was positioned around what we once called centre half-back. In the third quarter he kicked a goal that combined power and finesse, splitting the Australian defence, running straight at goal, bouncing the ball off his foot (a skill in Irish football), eventually finishing like a soccer striker and putting the ball in the right-hand side of the net. The next day he played for his club side in County Laois.

Were Tuohy a generation or two older, if he had got to this country when our game was a fraction less fast-moving, he might have been a great Australian footballer - an Irish Michael Voss. As it is, he's merely a very good one.

Oct 12, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Don't lie.

It's glorious!!!
Simmo's was glorious. Zach's is terrible.

354126-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

299278.jpg

etsal1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Tuohy looked so much cuter when he first debuted for us. I liked him better with longer hair & no beard :p

Zach says best is yet to come

“We need our middle tier of players to stand up and influence games for longer. The same goes for me personally because I’m not at my peak just yet. I need to improve and I’m at an age where I can help the younger players’ development.”

Zach says best is yet to come

He's not wrong.

Despite playing every game last season he clearly wasn't at his best, in fact he hasn't been there for a few seasons now.

Still has plenty to offer when at the top of his game but needs to ensure he brings that more often in 2015.

Quietly putting together a very strong season. Certainly playing as well as he has over the past few years and could well be playing the best football in his time at the club.

Providing tremendous run out of the backline but unlike times over the years that is not coming at the expense of his defensive work. He has been outstanding defensively for the majority of this season IMO.

TheHunterCripps

Team Captain
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-australian-team/story-fnp04d70-1227538148523

CARLTON defender Zach Tuohy is a surprise inclusion in the AFL Coaches Association All-Australian team.

The Irishman was one of three players named in the Coaches side that wasn’t included in the official 40-man All-Australian squad.

He was joined by Essendon defender Cale Hooker and Melbourne midfielder Bernie Vince.

Well done Zac!!!

Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Have picked up the Flying Irishman in the 2016 buddy draft.

Hopefully during this week I can table up a little stat run to track his career so far for the Navy Blue and as often as possible provide recaps of games (I should note these won't be for 24 to 48 hours after as I will probably watch games multiple times)

Dec 8, 2007
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Quick summary.

In 98 games he has amassed 819 kicks, 554 handballs (1373 disposals total) 292 marks 185 tackles ad amassed a total score of 34.20.224 for the club.

Back