#4 James Harmes – traded to Bulldogs. Thanks for 'that' kick. You know the one.

Why do we do 2016 team on this board now? It will still be a team off 44, i dont see the point in naming our best 22.
So we can laugh a ourselves in 12 months time, I guess. Its pretty funny looking back at old mistakes.

I remember, at the start of 2013, how insistent I was that Dan Nicholson was a clear part of our back six and how angry suggestions that Dean Terlich would leap frog him made me.

I guess we all lost in the end.

General Mutley

Draftee
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hoping Harmes has a big preseason, could be another good addition to our forward line. Coming off the rookie list and a huuuggee demon fan growing up you can count he will show up every game to play to hold a spot, could be a great player in the making. Dem hands

[flash=]

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hoping Harmes has a big preseason, could be another good addition to our forward line. Coming off the rookie list and a huuuggee demon fan growing up you can count he will show up every game to play to hold a spot, could be a great player in the making. Dem hands

[flash=]

Interesting that Brayshaw set up both those marks. If you look at most of our best goals kicked this year, Brayshaw is usually the one that started the fire.

General Mutley

Draftee
Dec 3, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah definitely seems to be a catalyst, his lack of appearance at training his probably on a solid weights program to add some size (think someone mentioned he was looking a lot more solid). Probably spends half the day just chewing like a cow, bit harder to add mass on strict paleo and he seemed to have a decent tank on him before he was cooked end of season haha

Here's to many more Brayshaw Harmes highlights

Such great hands Harmes has. Never new that before he played a senior game. Didn't seem to be something spoken about prior.
Already more reliable up forward than Dawes

Best game for the club yesterday. Didn't always use it so well in the first quarter, but got plenty of touches, kicked 3 goals, and should (touch wood) be the Rising Star for this round.

I didn't even realize that he's still only 20 years old and played 14 games. Thought he was older. Big future this lad, though may be used more as a half-forward/mid as guys like Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver start to dominate

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Best game for the club yesterday. Didn't always use it so well in the first quarter, but got plenty of touches, kicked 3 goals, and should (touch wood) be the Rising Star for this round.

I didn't even realize that he's still only 20 years old and played 14 games. Thought he was older. Big future this lad, though may be used more as a half-forward/mid as guys like Petracca, Brayshaw, Oliver start to dominate

Good call..

Definitely his best game so far. And I like how Roos has backed him in from Round 1 this year. I think his disposal is still sloppy at times, but his endeavor and enthusiasm is infectious. He kicks goals, he's tough at the contest and he's just as solid overhead as he is below his knees. Once Trengove, Vendenberg, Brayshaw and ANB start playing senior footy, he might struggle to hold down a permanent best 22 spot, but at worst, he looks really handy depth, which all premiership sides have. He's basically keeping ANB out of the team at the moment which is a fair effort seeing ANB is smashing it at Casey...

Good call..

Definitely his best game so far. And I like how Roos has backed him in from Round 1 this year. I think his disposal is still sloppy at times, but his endeavor and enthusiasm is infectious. He kicks goals, he's tough at the contest and he's just as solid overhead as he is below his knees. Once Trengove, Vendenberg, Brayshaw and ANB start playing senior footy, he might struggle to hold down a permanent best 22 spot, but at worst, he looks really handy depth, which all premiership sides have. He's basically keeping ANB out of the team at the moment which is a fair effort seeing ANB is smashing it at Casey...

One thing that really stood out for me about Harmes was his overhead marking, especially in Round 23 v Giants at Etihad last year.
I still reckon ANB has a big future as well. Still only a second year player, and showed a bit in his first season

Lots of talent - and seriously strong as well.

Viney, Petracca and Harmes are all lifting weights to the level that 25 year old mature players do - and they'll only get stronger and stronger.

Back