VFL Past #75: Kurt Aylett

1374904_10200301684543583_1730748279_n.jpg

Height: 188cm
Weight: 78kg
Position: Midfielder/Back-Flanker
Debut: Round 17, 2012 (v Fremantle)
Drafted From: Leeton-Whitton (Riverina Football League)
Previous Club: Greater Western Sydney Giants (#43)

Pros:
- Elite endurance
- Runs with the ball
- Composure under pressure
- Breaks the lines

Cons:
- Knee issues, tore his ACL in 2011 and has only played one game at AFL level since

An extremely hard running player who has suffered through injury in his first two seasons at AFL level. Originally from Leeton in NSW, he completed his VCE at Ballarat Clarendon College.

Played at GWS in 2011 in their year in the NEAFL, and subsequently tore his ACL. He made his debut against Fremantle in Round 17, 2012, after eleven hellacious months of rehabilitation.

Was traded to the Essendon Football Club on the 22nd of October, 2013, on a two year deal that will see him remain a Bomber until the end of the 2015 season.

Welcome to the EFC!

Last edited:
Aylett in combine testings finished top 5% in endurance, agility, speed and kicking efficiency. Averaged 18 disposals across 5 games for VIC country with 74% kicking efficiency.

If he can get his body right, I think we might just have a live one here.

I haven't claimed anyone in a while, jumping on his bandwagon early

I don't mind one injury, as opposed to the 50 or so significant injuries Higgins has had. E Kav seems to be doing okay - similar situation IIRC.

Look I hope you are right. At the end of the day with our situation we have to take a few educated gambles. Taking a gamble on Aylett is better than taking one at 48 in a very shallow draft! I just wish we were taking a gamble on Jed Lamb instead thats all.

Any idea what pick he was or how he got to GWS?

zone selection.

is from the riverina area but got a scholarship to do vce in ballarat, and therefore played tac for the rebels

Back