VFL Past #75: Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually rated this kid more than most of the fringe players on our list. Probably one of the happiest guys to get his first win/game.

Oh well, I suppose you have to have faith in the clubs list management.

I actually rated him. Hope we give him a rookie spot. I cant shake the feeling he is an afl player, has afl standard quality in his attack on the ball and his tackling, two attributes we need to improve in.

I actually rated him. Hope we give him a rookie spot. I cant shake the feeling he is an afl player, has afl standard quality in his attack on the ball and his tackling, two attributes we need to improve in.
Absolutely you should. Very handy for Richmond next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This one wasn't a surprise for me. IMO he just lacked to many attributes to make the jump to AFL. I can't see him being picked up anywhere. Sorry.

What attributes is he lacking?

I have seen very little of him, and the few things I have seen or heard made me focus on his strengths rather than weaknesses.

This one wasn't a surprise for me. IMO he just lacked to many attributes to make the jump to AFL. I can't see him being picked up anywhere. Sorry.

What attributes is he lacking?

I have seen very little of him, and the few things I have seen or heard made me focus on his strengths rather than weaknesses.
His two concerns were his overhead marking and his kicking, but he knew how to work within his limitations with the latter.

Doubt he will catch on anywhere else, was virtually given away by GWS then delisted and rookied by us and got injured.
Would think the only way he gets back on an AFL list is if he plays a full VFL season without injury and in tip top form.
The guy show promise and looked a chance but by no means did he knock the door down week in and week out saying pick me.

Probably wouldn't happen, but I wouldn't mind us giving him a VFL spot.
Heard that inside mids aren't a priority for us. So unlikely. Plus heard there's a bit of friction between him and the club from someone at Werribee.

Heard that inside mids aren't a priority for us. So unlikely. Plus heard there's a bit of friction between him and the club from someone at Werribee.
Wouldn't entirely surprise me. Reckon he could have got a better go personally.

He's a really nice kid too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back