Past #43: Sam Gibson - #63 '12 RD - 130 consec. NM games (club record) - NM --> ADL for pk91 '17 ND

Remove this Banner Ad

My man Sam.

His work rate is phenomenal, and his ability to provide options unbelievable.

Can we please auto-ban the next fool who calls for him to be dropped.

To all the haters out there: haha

My man Sam.

His work rate is phenomenal, and his ability to provide options unbelievable.

Can we please auto-ban the next fool who calls for him to be dropped.

To all the haters out there: haha

Settle.

He had an amazing 2nd half. Absolutely brilliant. But he was atrocious (not that he was alone there) in the first half.

Ran hard but there was one bit of play halfway through the third which summed him up. We had momentum and possession, and he played on and bombed straight to centre half forward to a nest of Bombers. Didn't look and didn't weigh up the situation, just a blind bomb to a dangerous spot.

I love his guts, energy and stamina, but he'll cost us a final if he keeps getting it 25 times.

F***ing lol. And 'round we go again.

Entrenched ideas are entrenched. Go figure.

Another quality performance, particularly late in the game when it was (as it is so often) needed most.

If he can improve his disposal like Greenwood has, he will be a mega star!

Levi is who he should be studying. Makes much better decisions with the ball than he did 12 months ago. It doesn't always have to hit a target, but if you're kicking to a contest it can't be in the middle of the ground or 15 metres away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Levi is who he should be studying. Makes much better decisions with the ball than he did 12 months ago. It doesn't always have to hit a target, but if you're kicking to a contest it can't be in the middle of the ground or 15 metres away.
At minimum, if he can at least put it to the advantage of his target I can cope with that. Just dont butcher it :)

At minimum, if he can at least put it to the advantage of his target I can cope with that. Just dont butcher it :)

Levi goes wide/down the line when he doesn't have a clear target, whereas Gibson loves going inboard.

Forrest_Gump_running_alabama_jennycopy.jpg

Gave him a vote. Disposal sometimes a bit off due to the fact he would have just sprinted 9k to get a quick one two.

Gave us heaps, all is forgiven from that..."thing" with Chappy.

I am glad he stood up in the second half but he made a number of blues in the second quarter which resulted in goals against us, that sticking the boot out against Chapman was particularly shithouse.

Levi goes wide/down the line when he doesn't have a clear target, whereas Gibson loves going inboard.
Going down the corridor can be a double edge sword, if you turn it over you may as well get into position ready for the following centre bounce.

Absolutely butchered the ball. Can't agree with the toasts. Wanted him subbed at half time - had a better second half but disappointing game over all.
Wowee. Either a biased view of a player you dislike, or a total lack of any sort of understanding of the game. You now join others on my list of shame.

I am glad he stood up in the second half but he made a number of blues in the second quarter which resulted in goals against us, that sticking the boot out against Chapman was particularly shithouse.

Off topic, did you see the * Mod shut my 'Singing' 1.30am over tired thread on the Main Board....lol....someone quoted it as the dumbest thread they had ever seen LMAO...oh well that's what 3 hours on the Hume Hwy does to you!

Off topic, did you see the * Mod shut my 'Singing' 1.30am over tired thread on the Main Board....lol....someone quoted it as the dumbest thread they had ever seen LMAO...oh well that's what 3 hours on the Hume Hwy does to you!

Yeah, I noticed that in the morning, I had passed out before it was shut down.

Wowee. Either a biased view of a player you dislike, or a total lack of any sort of understanding of the game. You now join others on my list of shame.
I'm a fan. Don't think you will find any general hate from me for Gibbo. Just thought he had a terrible first half and a good second half. On average, a disappointing game. Probably a pass mark but just not letting the good second half totally erase a terrible first half.

Don't get me wrong he had a couple of average moments in that first half - but all of our good players including better ball users like Wellsy had shocking moments at points (that's why we were down by 30). The thing is that people are really quick to jump on any mistake Gibbo makes as the whipping boy, but don't pay him enough dues (IMO) for all the great things he does.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back