Delisted 43. Zac Bates (2014- 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Master looks really good on the video highlights. He has that speed that lets him quickly put a gap between him and his opponent. And his shimmy is delish!

All I know is that if nobody gives him the nickname of 'Master', it will be a missed opportunity indeed.

I was going to suggest "The little Master...."

I hope he's a relation of Norman, and possesses that "psychotic"approach to his football.

Can't imagine it's easy to run in heels though. You'd get bogged down in the centre square.

Don't generally get excited over our rookie selections, however, looking at the stats and highlight reels there is something about each of these boys that tells me the homework was done well. Three lefties, and one a ranga to boot. I'll be interested watching their progress.

In the highlight reel, every time he takes a mark, his team-mates all start screaming "Bater!"

I interpret that to mean that a lot of play goes through Bates, which is good.

Looks like Motlop will have competition for the "bounces per game" stat.

I hope he's a relation of Norman, and possesses that "psychotic"approach to his football.

Been a lot of killing/psycho references tonight to our rookie picks :thumbsu: (Bourke looking like Dexter!)

Not quite sure I can ever recall a draft where we picked such a range of versatile players in a group.
Great way to round it out, picking a genuine small. Glad we didn't get a ruckman if we didn't rate one too.
Look forward to watching Bates develop along with all the picks. Exciting times ahead I feel.

Been a lot of killing/psycho references tonight to our rookie picks :thumbsu: (Bourke looking like Dexter!)

Not quite sure I can ever recall a draft where we picked such a range of versatile players in a group.
Great way to round it out, picking a genuine small. Glad we didn't get a ruckman if we didn't rate one too.
Look forward to watching Bates develop along with all the picks. Exciting times ahead I feel.

Heard it said possibly by a fan, he thought Bates a chance to go between p25-p40 in the ND, but for injury.
Let's hope he's that good.

Not sure about this pick. For last pick in a Rookie draft its really a not to risk but the video package is not what id call impressive. Its proficient , he is neat little player that didn't show him kicking on the right foot once. Is he fast what we he like at the Combine.
Look forward to seeing him play.

For a last pick in the Rookie draft, i thought it was an outstanding highlights package. Of course he has some weaknesses, otherwise he would have gotten picked up last Thursday. But going on what we see in that video, there is a lot to work with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep….gee…they used to say that about me too Bobby!

Those were the days!!!

Was that with regard to having a lovely left foot kick or having plenty of penetration?

im not sure about highlights packages being anything to go by... has anyone ever seen a draftee having a highlights package that doesnt look great? these guys play alot of footy, im sure its not hard to find 2:00 of quality snippets from it. heck i think i could have a damn good highlights package to put together of all my best moments on the footy field too

you just never know i guess... in wells we trust thought

Hopefully his early form prompts a yawning divide between the lovers and the haters, then we can just call him "D".

Video highlights look good but then you'd expect that, let's hope he can bring that to AFL level. Time will tell, but the kid looks like he has some natural ability that's for sure. Good luck to him and welcome to Geelong.

Theres a fair step up in class front those highlights to the vfl, then the afl.
Not saying it can't be done but its kinda like looking at chicks in wedding photos.. That is as good as they get. They look their best on that day. Same with the kids vids...
Go Catters

I thought Jensen's was pretty impressive also.

Pretty? - about as good as they come, now if he can do that at VFL level this year we've really got a player in Jared. :thumbsu: Not short on confidence either!
Will be keenly watching the new boys.

Pretty? - about as good as they come, now if he can do that at VFL level this year we've really got a player in Jared. :thumbsu: Not short on confidence either!
Will be keenly watching the new boys.

Do you get down to the VFL games Meto?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back