Past #44: Farren Ray - retires after 209 AFL games (4 for NM) - thanks Faz Raz

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha.

Would've liked a young kid (especially considering a relative of mine went undrafted despite NMFC being in contact with him prior to the draft) but it doesn't bother me. For every Michael Firrito and Dean Cox there's hundreds of Max Warrens.

Let's see what he's got.

Last edited:
Haha.

Would've liked a young kid (especially considering a relative of mine going undrafted despite NMFC being in contact with him prior to the draft) but it doesn't bother me. For every Michael Firrito and Dean Cox there's hundreds of Max Warrens.

Let's see what he's got.
We've had ten years to see it.

Calm down you lot, solid player. Nothing special but what are the odds of getting a gun in the rookie draft?. Very low.

With Ray you know what your going to get and can provide solid depth ecspecially come finals. And rookies only get a one year contract, calm your t***ies.

So we use our rookie list for mature, ready to go players rather than the Brayden Norris's of the footy world.

If alls he is is back up, then great, but we saw what benefit Nahas brought to the team this year when he as called upon. A mature option just in case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we use our rookie list for mature, ready to go players rather than the Brayden Norris's of the footy world.

If alls he is is back up, then great, but we saw what benefit Nahas brought to the team this year when he as called upon. A mature option just in case.
And who knows, he may play like a man possessed like Robbie.

We just picked up 5 kids. One of which was a bottom ager. And then Anderson too.

He's a rookie.
He's proven a solid footballer at the least.
He will be the backup we spoke about adcock being.
I don't hate the decision. Club must have decided there wasn't anyone there with enough talent (sorry lavy) to warrant picking backup

Experienced and a good runner..minimum wage. People need to chill.
Why would he be taking games off Dumont and the like? He needs to be promoted and he won't unless an opportunity opens up and he is banging the door down.

Surely the Rookie Draft is where you select a kid who might make it in the longer term. No he won't take games off those players but what long term value will he be likely to provide, which is what we should be looking to target in this draft.

Having said that, he is a North man now so welcome aboard Farren and all the very best.

Surely the Rookie Draft is where you select a kid who might make it in the longer term. No he won't take games off those players but what long term value will he be likely to provide, which is what we should be looking to target in this draft.

Having said that, he is a North man now so welcome aboard Farren and all the very best.
We just took 6 kids. We are fine for the future.

Ray is backup. Something we lacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back