Past #44: Max Warren - club announces Max's contract will not be renewed (29 September) thanks Max

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Ffs why did they even put him back on the list? Stupid decision by the club.

Thanks to Max for his service and good luck.
What??
Do you even have a clue?
They wanted to name him as an emergency the week he was upgraded, there may have been a doubt on a small defender. To be named on the emergency list he needed to be upgraded. This cost the club sfa, so how is it a stupid decision FFS??

I'd give my left knacker to have played one game for our great club at AFL level. Maxy experienced the dream and was otherwise a good contributor at VFL level and a good club man. All the best Tangles!

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Ffs why did they even put him back on the list? Stupid decision by the club.

Christ.

The bloke was clearly just on the edge of being a senior AFL player. He's done everything and more asked of him by his coaches and was clearly rated ahead of all other available options at his re-listing rookie pick.

Not sure why this was so upsetting.

As an aside the players who make it draw the accolades but for overall club success supporters should appreciate a bloke like Max. The kid grafts for 4 years on a rookie wage for very little reward yet keeps fronting up and trying his best. He's as much shinbone as more talented teammates who got more games thanks to their god given ability.

Christ.

The bloke was clearly just on the edge of being a senior AFL player. He's done everything and more asked of him by his coaches and was clearly rated ahead of all other available options at his re-listing rookie pick.

As an aside the players who make it draw the accolades but for overall club success supporters should appreciate a bloke like Max. The kid grafts for 4 years on a rookie wage for very little reward yet keeps fronting up and trying his best. He's as much shinbone as more talented teammates who got more games thanks to their god given ability.
Quoted to give people the chance to like it twice.

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Christ.

Just on the edge of being a senior afl player was he, gimme a spell. A solid vfl at best. Gee you blokes exaggerate.

Fact is we keep too many guys on the list for too long who add nothing to the senior team. Instead of keeping guys on the list the club should be drafting some kids who have shown consistency as a junior who have the hunger, i.e- Ben Cavarra. We might even find a couple of gems or be no worse off.

Last edited:
We have a terrible record in terms of delisting and rookieing our own players. I can't remember our last success.
I'd count Cameron Delaney as a success. Bloke is cooked, and he's not occupying a list spot now.

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We have a terrible record in terms of delisting and rookieing our own players. I can't remember our last success.
Well said. Its an area the club needs to improve in massively. An area at the club that is a weakness needs to be overhauled. Forget the days of keeping guys on the list just because they're good clubman.

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And there was outrage that we chose to keep Harper on the main list.

It didn't really matter either way.
Why we persist with these list cloggers is beyond me. All it does is hold the club back from taking the next step.

It screams of Brad Scott supportive crap which is why there should be no extension yet.

Phillyroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 17, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles Baby
Why we persist with these list cloggers is beyond me. All it does is hold the club back from taking the next step.

It screams of Brad Scott supportive crap which is why there should be no extension yet.
Having a late run for worst post of the year mate?? Got some real contenders in the last couple of days.

Back