Past #44: Max Warren - club announces Max's contract will not be renewed (29 September) thanks Max

Remove this Banner Ad

Think overall selection might be interesting this week. Brad mentioned Turner as being in the mix for the Nahas role with Garner also mentioned if he can get back playing later on. If Hansen isn't fit then Warren will fill that role, or maybe Dal will play more centrally if Swallow doesn't play and Warren plays back and fishy or Atley fill Dals half back role?

Well done to Max, perfect time to debut some new blood, i see on twitter he is cousin of Ed Lower, do the 44 proud mate, was once worn by David Dench IIRC
Saw that too, expecting The Other Dean to be on the cousin Max train now.

Max is one of the blokes you forget is on the list because he doesn't receive much attention from any of the scouts on the board.

Definitely seems to have put the work into the rig by the looks of things.

From memory there was an article a while back that he has been tagging? Anyone care to elaborate?

Guessing no Brown (Bris) gives us a bit of flexibility to play around down back.

Congrats Max! Hope you have a ripper.

Last edited:
Another bamboozling desicion by the selection committee. These type of decisions smell like Brad Scott decisions to me, make absolutely no sense.

9 kicks 4 hb last week at 65% efficiency together with 3 marks, 3 tackles. Hardly knocking the door down for a call up but I guess not bad for a shutdown type of defender. Also seems very mobile however can turn it over a bit.

I think the kangas are thinking give him a go in the seniors and if he doesnt step up will be a delist candidate for the end of the year. Very very risky selection imo, if it doesnt pay off and we drop a close game, someone is going to look like a fool.

Another bamboozling desicion by the selection committee. These type of decisions smell like Brad Scott decisions to me, make absolutely no sense.

9 kicks 4 hb last week at 65% efficiency together with 3 marks, 3 tackles. Hardly knocking the door down for a call up but I guess not bad for a shutdown type of defender. Also seems very mobile however can turn it over a bit.

I think the kangas are thinking give him a go in the seniors and if he doesnt step up will be a delist candidate for the end of the year. Very very risky selection imo, if it doesnt pay off and we drop a close game, someone is going to look like a fool.
His last year on the list most likely. I really hate looking down on teams who aren't Richmond but Brisbane is as good a time as any.

These type of decisions smell like Brad Scott decisions to me, make absolutely no sense.

What does that even mean?

There is a Selection committee*.

While Brad heads it up and the buck stops with him unless you're on the inside of the club or the committee itself, the above is just pure speculatory nonsense.

How do you know other coaches haven't been wanting him in the side for weeks?

Brad is the face of the coaches, he seems to wear any decisions that seem questionable and gets little credit for the good.

*committee
noun
  1. 1.a group of people appointed for a specific function by a larger group and typically consisting of members of that group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad is well known for picking guys that show average form in the VFL, his history speaks for itself. You can defend him as much as you like but until he wins us a premiership I will always be one of his biggest critics. He has been given a lot of talent in this team and our best is good enough to beat anyone, its just that the coaching staff have still been unable to get the team playing consistenly good enough for long enough.

Port are a prime example of how a coach should coach and have quickly passed us in developing their list. Brad is 2 years ahead of Hinkley developing his side and the facts dont lie.

What does that even mean?

There is a Selection committee*.

While Brad heads it up and the buck stops with him unless you're on the inside of the club or the committee itself, the above is just pure speculatory nonsense.

How do you know other coaches haven't been wanting him in the side for weeks?

Brad is the face of the coaches, he seems to wear any decisions that seem questionable and gets little credit for the good.

*committee
noun
  1. 1.a group of people appointed for a specific function by a larger group and typically consisting of members of that group.

It is brads call, coaches will give there opinions but as head coach brad calls the shots of who he prefers in and out. Fact.

Without wanting to pre-empt the list management's decisions, you'd think Anthony, Wright and Hine would be the first three considered for cutting. Reckon they'll give Wilko another year. There's something there.
Based on what?

Without wanting to pre-empt the list management's decisions, you'd think Anthony, Wright and Hine would be the first three considered for cutting. Reckon they'll give Wilko another year. There's something there.

Wright is contracted so i highly doubt he will be going anywhere. Wilko will be first cab off the rank. averaging about 10 touches a game at VFL this year.

Brad is well known for picking guys that show average form in the VFL, his history speaks for itself. You can defend him as much as you like but until he wins us a premiership I will always be one of his biggest critics. He has been given a lot of talent in this team and our best is good enough to beat anyone, its just that the coaching staff have still been unable to get the team playing consistenly good enough for long enough.

Port are a prime example of how a coach should coach and have quickly passed us in developing their list. Brad is 2 years ahead of Hinkley developing his side and the facts dont lie.

Port have had far more superior draft picks in the last four years so I don't think that argument stands up. Wingard and Wines were ready to play draftees and their ability to get Ebert, Schulz, Monfries, White, Hombsch into the club has helped boost the development instead of building completely from the ground up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back