Past #44: Max Warren - club announces Max's contract will not be renewed (29 September) thanks Max

Remove this Banner Ad

It is brads call, coaches will give there opinions but as head coach brad calls the shots of who he prefers in and out. Fact.

Of course he does.

The buck stops with him, I said that.

It is portreyed on here like he sits in an ivory tower.

Of course he does.

The buck stops with him, I said that.

It is portreyed on here like he sits in an ivory tower.

These type of decisions smell like Brad Scott decisions to me, make absolutely no sense.

But it is true, it is brads decision to play him. I don't think he said anything bad.
Last year the coaches wanted black in the side but brad was stubborn and it wasn't till Hansen pulled out of the hawks game did black play and the rest is history. So yes they give opinions to him but he calls every shot.

These type of decisions smell like Brad Scott decisions to me, make absolutely no sense.

But it is true, it is brads decision to play him. I don't think he said anything bad.
Last year the coaches wanted black in the side but brad was stubborn and it wasn't till Hansen pulled out of the hawks game did black play and the rest is history. So yes they give opinions to him but he calls every shot.

It wasn't bad.

He is fairly consistently portrayed on here as being this bull headed guy who listens to no one and ignores opinions. I just don't believe that it could possibly be the case.

Without wanting to pre-empt the list management's decisions, you'd think Anthony, Wright and Hine would be the first three considered for cutting. Reckon they'll give Wilko another year. There's something there.

Is Curran contracted for another year? If not surely he is first cab off the rank.

It wasn't bad.

He is fairly consistently portrayed on here as being this bull headed guy who listens to no one and ignores opinions. I just don't believe that it could possibly be the case.
Everything that goes wrong is him and everything that goes right is everyone but him. Donchu know that? :shifty eyes:

Port have had far more superior draft picks in the last four years so I don't think that argument stands up. Wingard and Wines were ready to play draftees and their ability to get Ebert, Schulz, Monfries, White, Hombsch into the club has helped boost the development instead of building completely from the ground up

What a load of crock. Hombsch has barely played a few games, White and Monfries have been injured half the time. Its not like we haven't picked up anyone ourself. Nahas ring a bell, Dal Santo, Jacobs come from Port, Gibson has been a revelation. We have probably picked up more guys than Port has.

Our drafting has been shocking the last 8 years, every 2nd guy we pick up as a high draft pick is either injured or only capable of holding a spot in the VFL. Admittedly we have picked up some quality guys but gee we have a few guys that are injured more than they play.

Not all that surprised, to be honest. His form has been very solid for the Roosters. He surprised me how far he has come.

We can't keep going back to McMahon and Wright, we need to make the most of these opportunities against poor opposition. No disrespect to Brisbane, but we should be beating them regardless of if Warren is playing half back or Eric Wallace. He knows it is make or break time and this sends a pretty strong message to Taylor Hine in the process.
Agree.

At least we gave him a go. Some players surprise when they go up a level, if he flops, then we can delist knowing we didn't waste a potential talent.

Agree.

At least we gave him a go. Some players surprise when they go up a level, if he flops, then we can delist knowing we didn't waste a potential talent.
Better hope Benny Ross didn't improve during his time away from the big leagues, eh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better hope Benny Ross didn't improve during his time away from the big leagues, eh?

I imagine most players improve as footballers into their mid 20's.

Are you saying we didn't give Ben Ross a chance to prove himself at AFL level?

I wouldnt be against him playing as a sub. All of his highlights show he likes to take the game on. Sub one of the talls late and move Ats or Mullet up the ground giving us some fresh rebound. It could work well.

What a load of crock. Hombsch has barely played a few games, White and Monfries have been injured half the time. Its not like we haven't picked up anyone ourself. Nahas ring a bell, Dal Santo, Jacobs come from Port, Gibson has been a revelation. We have probably picked up more guys than Port has.

Our drafting has been shocking the last 8 years, every 2nd guy we pick up as a high draft pick is either injured or only capable of holding a spot in the VFL. Admittedly we have picked up some quality guys but gee we have a few guys that are injured more than they play.

You just shot yourself in the foot because Jacobs has played barely any games and has been injured majority of the time. White and Monfries have been great contributors and Ebert has been brilliant for them. Dal Santo yes, but you cannot possibly think Nahas, Jacobs, Hine and Gibson have contributed as much as White, Schulz, Ebert and Monfries at Port?

My point is they brought in people who were experienced and quality players, not blokes who got chopped from their previous club i.e. Hine, Nahas as well as drafting blokes who were good to go.

That comes down to list management, not coaching.

I'm surprised that so many people are surprised. While he hasn't had a lot of publicity the Rooster's report cards- written by coaches other than Brad- have consistently spoke of him doing his job, being a general down back etc. I haven't seen him play live but the way he took on the game in that highlights reel was impressive. Good luck to him if he takes on the game like he did in that highlights bit

Hice work on Motlop in the highlights was tremendous, Motlop and forwards like him always tear us a new one. It frees up Mullet, Ately and McDonald to rebound more effectively and push up the field.

I'm surprised because I didn't think we'd move away from Atley, McDonald and Mullett this year but not surprised he's ahead of Wright, McMahon, Hine and Wilkins.

So your saying that their form this year and last year has been a direct result of picking up White and Monfries because Schultz and Ebert have been there for a numbers of years anyway. That team has improved solely because of Hinkley and you cant deny that, yes those players do help but they are hardly the type of players which take you from close to bottom of the ladder to the top of the ladder in 2 seasons.

Your basing your argument on 2 players and neither would be in Ports top 8 players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back