Rohan Bail

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the look of this kid.. He is hard at the ball and hungry for it...
and he kicks goals... it is only his third game and he plays like a 50 gamer.

I cant see him being left out of the side this season if he keep up his work ethic... same goes with young Jordie McKenzie...

Having said that I hope Bail doesn't have too good a year and have Gold Coast at him being from Mt Gravatt... :)

For some reason he reminds me a little bit of Brad Sewell..

Yeah, I really like his attack on the football, and his ability to kick goals is certainly a bonus.

He's an elite endurance athlete too, so all in all, he looks like being a very good acquisition given where he was selected.

Having said that I hope Bail doesn't have too good a year and have Gold Coast at him being from Mt Gravatt...

Yeah lets hope he doesn't Bail on us.

He's an elite endurance athlete too, so all in all, he looks like being a very good acquisition given where he was selected.

Don't know a lot about his fitness, what have you heard the gives you that idea?

Don't know a lot about his fitness, what have you heard the gives you that idea?

Barry Prendergast on Bail just after he was drafted:

He's an elite endurance runner and would win the 3km time trial at draft camp, and we like his attributes in terms of good balance and how he can go both ways with his feet.

he's got a great work rate, which has seen him be in the clear heading into the forward line on a few occasions...i'm betting he's a Bailey favourite for the workrate alone.

Cant believe how wrong i got this guy. Very happy to be proven wrong.

Bail reminds me a hell of lot of Jason Porplyzia. Goal kicking mid who can take a grab in the forward 50.

with all the buzz about Freo and their mature age recruits, i'll be interested to see if Bail gets the same attention from the media
He'll get the press if he has a couple of super games like Barlow, but he doesn't need to do that. He just needs to keep doing his job as well as he is at the moment.

Interesting that back when he was drafted Barry P liked the way he used both feet, from what I've seen I do as well.

Yeah, I really like his attack on the football, and his ability to kick goals is certainly a bonus.

Champion Data stats back this up too. He is averaging 89% game time this season - equal third for the club behind two key defenders in Warnock and Frawley.

Champion Data stats back this up too. He is averaging 89% game time this season - equal third for the club behind two key defenders in Warnock and Frawley.
That's really surprising, even given his elite endurance.

He was 'mature age' but he's still only 21 I beleive.

Has put on some considerable muscle in the gym since he arrived too.

He's certainly made me take notice which I hadnt last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

****ing love this kid. 44 is a silk number aswell. inb4 he upgrades to 17 or something next year

If you have a look to the Change Rooms board, and look at the Rohan Bail thread there is pic of him playing (persumably) for Mt. Gravatt and wearing, you guessed it number 44. So i don't think he will change it.

G'day

First time caller, short term reader.

Both Bail and Jordy McKenzie have been terrific thus far. Gysbert apparently played well for Casey and has been named as an emergency this week. Strauss started in the ones and will be back soon enough. Maric is also a chance to play senior footy some time this year as is Jetta who is another young fella and obviously Watts will be in the ones later in the year all being well. That's a great core of young guys who are fighting for spots (not to mention the other young guys who have their spots locked in - Gromes, Scully etc)

That leaves Sam Blease. Does anyone know what's happening with him at the moment? Not on the injury list and as far as i can gather has not been playing with Casey (at last for their ones). He had huge wraps on him when he was drafted and by all acounts is a terrific kick. Where's he got to?

Cheers

G'day

That leaves Sam Blease. Does anyone know what's happening with him at the moment? Not on the injury list and as far as i can gather has not been playing with Casey (at last for their ones). He had huge wraps on him when he was drafted and by all acounts is a terrific kick. Where's he got to?

Cheers

He has had the flu the past couple of weeks. So hopefully gets up and plays in the VFL this week and gets a bit of form into him before a late season debut.

From the time he kicked his first goal in league footy i've loved this kid. Aggressive, has plenty of know how and can kick goals. NAB rising star nomination soon or is he too old?

Settled back in quite nicely and saw plenty of the ball without being exceptional.

I was disappointed to see him playing half-back though, I recognise that is where he has been excelling for Casey but he was doing his best work in the early rounds of this year nipping around half-forward.

Just not sure he has the poise at the moment to be playing in the back half, but his dash and pressure would be well-utilised on the forward flank.

God we need him back.

It's been really noticeable since he went down how the opposing top class mids have been a class above. Why? Because Bail is the first choice tagger and does a sensational job. See Goddard vs St Kilda, Judd vs Carlton (twice), Wellingham vs Collingwood (Bail would have taken him that day, McKenzie destroyed Pendles), Cooney vs Dogs.

Here's hoping he plays against West Coast and does a job on Priddis or Kerr.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back