VFL Past #65: Shaun McKernan 🐴 - Returns to the Dons

Remove this Banner Ad

I see him and stef Martin in the same light, they are similar height, weight, late bloomers whose penny dropped at a new club.

Think Martin started dominating when he figured he didn't have to be tap ruckmsn but a 5th mid.

Think smack is in the same mould and on a similar trajectory

Mckernan doesn't have the same tank as Martin

Didn't the Hun say he's being upgraded?
It seems they did. I sort of left the world of the living (not really) for a couple of days with work stuff late this week, so I'd missed that.

Very, very glad to see that indeed.

It seems they did. I sort of left the world of the living (not really) for a couple of days with work stuff late this week, so I'd missed that.

Very, very glad to see that indeed.

Things will begin to happen once the VFL team finishes up next sunday

I see him and stef Martin in the same light, they are similar height, weight, late bloomers whose penny dropped at a new club.

Think Martin started dominating when he figured he didn't have to be tap ruckmsn but a 5th mid.

Think smack is in the same mould and on a similar trajectory
This is exactly what I felt when I was watching him against Goldstein. You can lose the ruck, but be dangerous elsewhere and run the other ruckman ragged. These days, you also need a ruckman to be involved when the ball hits the ground after a ruck contest, something Bellcho was terrible at last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone wants him.to be our chf pinching in the ruck but he's played hardly anytime fwd this year in both sides.

Think people might be dissapointed but I think they see him as a ruckman

Just came in here to post the same thing.

In fact, can hardly rembrr seeing him lining up inside F50.

Everyone wants him.to be our chf pinching in the ruck but he's played hardly anytime fwd this year in both sides.

Just came in here to post the same thing.

In fact, can hardly rembrr seeing him lining up inside F50.

It doesn't mean McKernan doesn't have the game to play there, especially when you consider the lack of options we have to roll through there. He's clearly the next best option on our list after Daniher if we get serious about playing Hooker and Hurley in defence.

The fact he can provide a decent chop out for Bellchambers is a bonus.

With the sub rule going out we will go back to 2 rucks.

Him and Bellchambers should be aiming for a 60/40 split with the other resting forward.

Hooker, Daniher and McKernan/Bellchambers along with three smalls.

Well the first step has been taken.

Terry Wallace suggested to Dodoro during the Trade Week Radio interview that McKernan could be a key forward for Essendon.

Dodoro seemed to acknowledge the idea.
As a roaming CHF there would be much worse options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back