Past Blaine Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't help but be impressed by the season Blaine is putting together.

Has hardly missed a beat since joining the club as a rookie at the start of the season. Things seemed to click for him very early and he looked comfortable at VFL level from his first outing.

Has now kicked 16 goals in 12 VFL games and continues to find a way to impact the scoreboard.

Gave the selection committee no choice but to elevate and pick him and whilst he did look slightly overawed in his few senior outings he's certainly an exciting prospect.

Tough as nails and has a really good boot on him too. Can kick it a mile - and usually hits a target. We haven't yet seen that skill from him at AFL level but I put that down to nerves or just not quite adjusting to the increased speed of the game at senior level. I have no doubt it'll come as he gains more experience in the top flight.

Given the number of changes we're likely to make to the senior list at the end of the season, Blaine is surely in line for elevation. If we get rid of Robbo as a result of his latest indiscretion I just wonder if there's a spot there in the senior side for Blaine as that tough half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back