Retired #45: Conor McKenna ☘️ - Returning to the AFL to play with Brisbane - 17/11

Remove this Banner Ad

Baffling. He's not ready.

Not really baffling. May not have been doing much for the last 4 weeks but hey we are in development and send off mode so why not.

Well, its a good a time as any. Might as well give him a go and see what happens.
The kid is cooked for this season. I think he'll be a gun and he's got the skills but debuting him too early could do more harm than good IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IbeenwaitinalongtimeforthechancetoplayforthemightyBombersandcantwaittorunringsaroundafewtigerscampaigners, bringitonalsomeMumandmedadand43otherfamilymembersareontheirwayoutfromtheoldcountrysoitsgoingtobeniceandcosyatmineforthenextfewweeks...ProudtobeanIrishBomber,pleasedontletmedoaquinny..

I'm sorry, but this really pisses me off. I'm happy the lad has a shot at the big time, but there's players who deserve to be playing in the firsts who have their career on the line. Kav's game was fantastic on the Friday and Conor was largely unnoticed.

The kid is cooked for this season. I think he'll be a gun and he's got the skills but debuting him too early could do more harm than good IMO.

I think it's probably been done for a few reasons. He's had a very good first year (while dropping off in form a bit in the last few weeks). We're not gonna play finals. Making sure we keep him interested. Give the fans something to look forward to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back