Remove this Banner Ad

FLYNN%20Daniel.png

Height: 190 cm

Weight: 93 kg

Date of Birth: 24th September 1994

Nickname:

Twitter Handle: @FlynnersDan

Position: Defender

Recruited From: County Kildare, Ireland (2013 Rookie Draft Pick #54)

Career Games: 0

Career Goals: 0

More info on Daniel Flynn:
Daniel came to the club in the pre season as a Cat B Rookie, from Ireland. Tall, quick & skilful, Daniel played 15 games in the SANFL in 2014 and took some giant strides in his development. It wasn’t always the case though, with Flynny heading back to Ireland for 2 months through the pre season. He rejoined the group and played his first game against Adelaide in Clare. Already possessiong foot skills of a seasoned veteran, Daniel impressed playing in the backlines and his football nous improved as the season went on. His best games came against South and also Sturt in the SANFL, whilst his Grand Final was impressive under pressure. A 2 week suspension for rough play in Round 11 saw him second guess himself for a while on field, but he was back to playing solid football at the end of the season. 2015 will be another development season for Daniel, watching him improve his football nous and if he can do that, he could work his way onto the senior list for 2016.

Highlight Reel:

Last edited:
Sorry for the intrusion guys.

Just a quick comment on Flynn.

He has an incredible highlight package. His pace in crazy good and when he hits his kicks they look fantastic. He could be a real gem, hope he is as he will be exciting to watch.

Some of his pickups and handballs are dazzling. Now if he can just get more of the ball and fix his kicking. Earlier in the year he made some bad choices and thought he was untouchable because of his speed, which was probably the case in Gaelic Football. Now that he is disposing of the ball quicker he looks a real option. He looks like a player who will improve with the quality of players around him. Although he probably needs another year on the rookie list before he is thrown to the AFL wolves.

Huge potential upside to Flynn.

Doesn't seem to be trying to run through the whole opposition team as much lately. Often I watch him and think: "You have NFI what you're doing out there." Could be anything if/when he gets a better feel for the game.

Steady as she goes...

The GF will be a great learning experience for the Flying Flynn. Can't wait to watch his development next year.

I to am looking forward to seeing his skills improve. My son & I made a trip to see him play live at Prospect before the Hawks game and also the Friday night 1st SANFL final. We watched him very closely in both matches and we could see he has got an x-factor about him. I think our skills coaches will be working hard to hone his disposal and awareness skills enough in another 12 months hopefully he will be skilled enough to make the AFL grade.

I don't know but by this it seems like he is a bit of a dick.

[fix that] This was in response to a troll Port fan so he must be on good terms...with at least some players anyway.
View attachment 147988

I've had a few chats with the guy - literally the nicest and most softly spoken kid you'll ever meet. No chance of being a dick. Used to walk around port with stars in his eyes.

I was excited about him. Not sure whether is was homesickness or self doubt.

Homesick. Definitely. Culturally for him it would have been similar to an indigenous kid. I suspect it would have been hard being with the big fish/small pond scenario too.

I've never seen anyone cover a footy ground like Flynny. I was really excited about him ... though he was as raw as anything tactically. Run so fast he'd be in trouble before he knew it. Fantastic project player and sorry to see him go too. Think they tried to develop him as a player to run out of half back... woulda loved to see him play a link up role, and see him leading out to a wing. You'd need a trail bike to catch him :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know but by this it seems like he is a bit of a dick.

[fix that] This was in response to a troll Port fan so he must be on good terms...with at least some players anyway.
View attachment 147988

I have no idea what he's saying...... it's like a Taylor Walker tweet... where was he being a dick? Did he think Cam was implying it's all over and took offense or something?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back