Delisted #45: Johnny Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah...nah...maybe

Oh and apparently the qualifying for the world championships for 800 is 1:45 according to a mate who is heavily into that stuff. That's a brilliant effort

Well he'll be taking the piss in all the time trials over pre season then. Can just picture Stanton lugging a few hundred metres behind him in Cale Hooker-esque fashion...

Sit him on Stanton's hip.

Nah, Watson's hip or 60m from Hibberd's, Goddard's or Myers's boot.

Is weight such a huge concern for an outside elite runner? Isaac Smith has no meat on him...I don't think Smith is the greatest player in the world but he plays a very important role for his team.

I can't say enough how impressed I am with the recruiting team with their adjustment to this situation to continue on with what I think has been some very solid recruiting over the last 5 years.

Nah, Watson's hip or 60m from Hibberd's, Goddard's or Myers's boot.

Is weight such a huge concern for an outside elite runner? Isaac Smith has no meat on him...I don't think Smith is the greatest player in the world but he plays a very important role for his team.

I can't say enough how impressed I am with the recruiting team with their adjustment to this situation to continue on with what I think has been some very solid recruiting over the last 5 years.

As long as he doesn't actively avoid the contested ball like Smith i think he'll go alright.

Should accumulate huge numbers at VFL level just on engine alone, even better if he actually has decent game sense and knows where to run

As long as he doesn't actively avoid the contested ball like Smith i think he'll go alright.

Should accumulate huge numbers at VFL level just on engine alone, even better if he actually has decent game sense and knows where to run
In the interview on BTV he said that he could become an inside player, guess that means he isn't afraid of the contested ball, we can hope atleast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the fact that he actually knows what a cliche is.

If he can be molded into an Isaac Smith player, then we're laughing. Smith maybe butter soft, but that full gallop is great to watch.

In the interview on BTV he said that he could become an inside player, guess that means he isn't afraid of the contested ball, we can hope atleast.

This is from draft thread back in 2009

Sherlock & Rayner are the Jets quickest mids. Sherlock is very elusive and provides plenty of run and carry. Is playing for Williamstown seniors in VFL today. Rayners running ability well documented - top 3 400m in Australia; national 800 champion for his age; rep Aus in both events -played a run and carry role for Jets on a wing but has been moved into the mid field proper in past 5 matches and gets equal amounts of inside & outside ball. Since moving to midfield would probably be leading the Jets in HBGs - lot of upside for a skinny kid.

somewhere else they spoke about his clean ball skills and really nice hands.

watchin the footage of him he looks to me like he moves a whole lot like dempsey. I am already excited by this kid.

Where is said footage?

His kicking looked a bit of worry, but it was only a short clip. Seemed to kick to dangerous spots on the ground where there were one-on-ones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back