Past David Ellard

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 46. David Ellard (rookie)

ELLARD REWARDED WITH LAURIE HILL TROPHY

Carlton Rookie-listed player David Ellard has capped off a stellar season by being rewarded the Northern Bullants Laurie Hill Trophy winner as the club's fairest and best player.

The award is great credit for the young on-baller who had earlier in the week received a Carlton Coach's Award from Brett Ratten and also was named the Northern Bullants Defensive Player of the Year award.

Despite not getting the opportunity to be promoted to the senior Carlton list through the season, Ellard beat a number of Carlton senior listed players to be named the winner of the Bullants most prestigious award.

Ellard finished with 96 votes to beat Bullants captain Adam Iacobucci on 74 votes with Richard Hadley finishing third with 61 votes despite only playing 9 games for the Bullants.

ELLARD REWARDED WITH LAURIE HILL TROPHY

:thumbsu:

yup, well done DE.....fantastic work ethic that chap.....appears to do everything to get the most out of himself

the-end1.jpg

curtain-call.jpg

I have to admit, Guns is right, poor Ellard has copped the rough end of the pineapple by the Match Committee ...

Still they might give him a gig this w/end against the Paddle Pops at Recycling Plant Park, I mean what is there to lose by playing him in a practise game, give the boy a game FFS MC ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: David Ellard (rookie)

Congratulations to Dave for being elevated to the senior list.

Not the most talented player you'll ever see but plays with more heart and determination than many other players going around.

Has done fantastically well in the Bullants and broke into the senior team, and managed to keep his spot for a little while at the back end of the season.

Was a certainty to be elevated despite some not wanting him to be.

I thought guns would be all over this thread now.

Well done Dave - you've done yourself proud with your efforts, and being elevated to the senior list is fantastic reward for effort. But now is not the time to rest, as the hard work has only just begun. :thumbsu:

I agree Gen he probably is not in our best 22 but on the cusp. A few injuries or a few attitude problems and Ellard could step in. Gives it his all!

great bloke
very frustrated with the suspension but is as determined as ever and will continue to work hard
respect for him went up even more when he said his most disliked player was Daisy

He posted on Twitter that he was feeling OK, with just a bit of a headache. He was also discharged from hospital after 4 hours so it can't be too bad. Fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back