Height: 186 cm
Weight: 83 kg
DOB: 13/12/1989
Club: Norwood
Debut: -

Club Profile

Demonwiki

Norwood site said:
Dean is an immensely talented player with lightning speed and good goal sense. He plays an extremely important role for the team when he is up and going. Terlich will be looking for a consistent output during the 2012 season.

MFC: Big game player earns second chance

COACH Mark Neeld says Melbourne’s final pick in the NAB AFL Draft, Dean Terlich, confirmed he should be drafted by the Demons when he won the Jack Oatey Medal for his best on ground performance in the SANFL Grand Final this year.

The former Sydney Swans rookie in 2008 was monitored closely by the Dees this year, but when he helped Norwood to its first premiership since 1997, Melbourne was further convinced that Terlich was ready for another crack in the AFL.

MFC: Terlich's time is now
“It’s worlds apart,” Terlich told melbournefc.com.au, when reflecting about the differences between his time at Sydney to now.

“Going from a country farm into the big smoke – there’s that much going on around your head [and you’re] taking it all in. Now I know what to expect and I know what to take on board.

“[With the] young boys like Jimmy Toumpas and Jesse Hogan, I try and support them as much as possible, because it’s a big step up and it takes time to adjust.”

Terlich’s message is a timely reminder to all about the demands and expectations to make it at the highest level.

Love your work Eth, was about to post that article.

I thought a few weeks ago that Terlich would be effectively playing off for one back pocket spot with Jetta, but with Terlich's good form in the past few weeks and the fact that Blease probably won't be ready I reckon both might get a gig. The other option would be giving Kent a debut as more of a forward, but I think the club might be reluctant to blood him along with Viney and Toumpas, not to mention Terlich as well.

That may see one of Jetta and Terlich (probably the former) start as sub, but I reckon we have enough forward options without having the likes of Blease or Kent (or Davey, for that matter) buzzing around on the flank.

The other one in that boat is Nicholson, who will play for sure - probably further up the ground. That leaves Strauss on the outer for now, which is not a bad spot to be in as I reckon he's a decent player.

Love your work Eth, was about to post that article.

I thought a few weeks ago that Terlich would be effectively playing off for one back pocket spot with Jetta, but with Terlich's good form in the past few weeks and the fact that Blease probably won't be ready I reckon both might get a gig. The other option would be giving Kent a debut as more of a forward, but I think the club might be reluctant to blood him along with Viney and Toumpas, not to mention Terlich as well.

That may see one of Jetta and Terlich (probably the former) start as sub, but I reckon we have enough forward options without having the likes of Blease or Kent (or Davey, for that matter) buzzing around on the flank.

The other one in that boat is Nicholson, who will play for sure - probably further up the ground. That leaves Strauss on the outer for now, which is not a bad spot to be in as I reckon he's a decent player.
It's an interesting situation, for sure.

You'd imagine that Nicholson's in the best 18 every week, but it looks as if he's slowly transitioning up to the wing (almost Pearce Hanley style - of course he's not as good but in a similar fashion), which leaves a spot for either Jetta or Terlich.

It might almost come down to who we're coming up against...I wouldn't play Terlich first against Carlton against Betts or Garlett, and I wouldn't play Jetta first against Richmond against Edwards.

It's an interesting situation, for sure.

You'd imagine that Nicholson's in the best 18 every week, but it looks as if he's slowly transitioning up to the wing (almost Pearce Hanley style - of course he's not as good but in a similar fashion), which leaves a spot for either Jetta or Terlich.

It might almost come down to who we're coming up against...I wouldn't play Terlich first against Carlton against Betts or Garlett, and I wouldn't play Jetta first against Richmond against Edwards.

True that. Either way, let's hope one or them at least, or a combination, can fill the void left by Bartram's early retirement. What a shame that was... except that his replacement(s) should have better kicking skills.

In 2013 Dean Terlich shocked the Footy world coming out in his first season and averaging 19.7 disposals per game, Pretty impressive for a Tall defender hey.

He gave us dee surporters a Smile racking up over 25 disposals 3 times in 20 games. But look at this stat, 12 out of 20 games he delivered over 20 disposals.

In Round 8 vs Richmond he managed 14 kicks, 7 handballs, 7 marks and 10 tackles. Thats a stat that midfielders would get!

Dean is a curtain for us to keep for Season 2014 and beyond as he will get even better from now on.

I expect Dean to stay down back and move up the ground a little more for season 2014 racking up those tackles for another good yeah.

Overall rating: 8.8 for first season.

Victimised VFL superstar, lazy 41 on the weekend, should be a mainboard thread, the injustice.

Adolf Roos cant keep you out forever with number like that Terlo, keep dominating, * the haters. :thumbsu:

My fellow Bandwagoners;

TERLICH%20Dean.png

I have gazed through the player watch threads and to my shock there is not one on our 2013 Ron Barassi Snr Memorial Trophy winner, Dean Terlich.

After the Port loss, Roos mentioned that we need more experience in the team and believed he made some selection errors against Port. Both Salem and Lumumba are unavailable, Mitch White is still on the rookie list, and Josh Wagner is so useless that the first page of the player watch thread on him is Striker giving him the double middle-finger.

Frank Grimes? He can come into the team too, maybe for Newton or somebody, but in NAB Cup Grimes mostly played on the wing and this is where I think he'll have to be if he wants to be in our senior team.

Bandwagoners, this is the week we must unleash the Terlich!

The Hawks have guns in their coaching box (namely Yze and Bruce) and will have done all their homework on our players in a bid to curb our style.

But if we include Terlich as a shock inclusion, it will genuinely throw them and they won't know how to counter his X-factor.

This guy has not played senior football since 2014 and unlike Trengove he hasn't faced injury. This man is hungry for AFL that can only be satisfied with promotion to the senior team.

If you thought Viney punching Ebert was rough, wait until you see the Terlich KO James Frawley, and raise aloft his unconscious body as an offering to Uber Alex Georgiou.

His numbers and efforts in the VFL are actually incredibly good, along with his leadership, and has been one of the reasons Casey sit top of the VFL.

Unlike most of our defence Terlich actually plays on a defender.

Let's revive the Terlich bandwagon. It's Time. #Terlichmyballs

There's a reason we don't have a Dean Terlich Player Watch thread - the thread was sitting in the Terlich bandwagon when we put it to the torch 18 months ago.

Have we got to that point of the year where we say whatever and play it for the lols?

I think I would keep him under wraps for the moment as our little secret

Our awful, terrible, Josef Fritzl-esque little secret.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't get any Terlich last year. My Terlich quota needs to be filled! Just one game, then never again, then at last i will be satisfied

Didn't get any Terlich last year. My Terlich quota needs to be filled! Just one game, then never again, then at last i will be satisfied

Agreed, he deserves a final send-off game at least.

So without word of a lie, I woke with a start at about 3am this morning ... I had a dream that I was watching us play Hawthorn, and I watched a player who looked suspiciously like Dean Terlich kick it directly to a Hawthorn player in a paddock of space about 30m out from goal who played on and dobbed it. I looked at the record, as surely my eyes had deceived me, and there it was 46 - Dean Terlich, at that point my rage woke me up ... and then I started laughing as that is a pretty absurd thing to dream about.

Who else had fogotten about #terlichmyballs and Uber Alex Georgiou?

Seriously though, I'd like every player on our senior list given a game or two (with the exception of 1/2 year draftees) so Goodwin can run the rule. Jetta was saved after a decent rd 23 game against the Dogs in 2013, who knows what can happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back