VFL Jesse Glass-McCasker

Remove this Banner Ad

. Thankfully enough Jacob Weitering is every AFL team's wet dream in regards to a rebounding KPD. We absolutely got a steal here.
IKEA-start_the_car300px.jpg

Funny you say that, but his highlights shows he is more of a rebound type than a shutdown type.
Thats what I saw as well... and like they say in the classics, you're best defence is a good offense and if we can start our offence from rebounding defenders, then we are going to be a much more attacking side in years to come!

Funny you say that, but his highlights shows he is more of a rebound type than a shutdown type.

It appears opinion is very much divided here. Reading through the draft profiles (they're in the OP) some agree with me while others agree with you.

Absolutely rapt with this one. Spotted him during the championships and tagged him as a great get later in the draft. Gained some attention leading up to the draft as a possible second rounder. I was staggered he went undrafted.
An absolute steal, and completes an absolutely spectacular draft and trade period.

Weitering and a KPF seemed essential during the draft. I was in favour of a couple of mids, but hell Charlie's indiscretion netted us a top 5 talent on the cheap. Cuningham looks a likely prospect with great disposal (big tick). SOS will be a
very good (hopefully great) player when he matures. Gallucci seems made of the right stuff to compete for our small forward vacancy. Jesse simply gives us a genuine Full Back to replace Jammo and Rowey in a year or two.

I am not discounting the prospects of Jaksch and Foster to make it as KPP either. Might take a year or three for
these youngsters to mature, but we have the nucleus of a genuine contender. The next two years will be our time
to add midfield class. Love it SOS and team.

SOS knows FB's and the fact that hes picked this bloke knowing theres a lot to work with makes me confident that he has been a good selection.

Your FB does not need to be a big possession winner, if he can do his job shutting down the oppositions best forward while not being a complete liability while disposing of the football he will be able to cope.

Absolutely rapt with this one. Spotted him during the championships and tagged him as a great get later in the draft. Gained some attention leading up to the draft as a possible second rounder. I was staggered he went undrafted.
An absolute steal, and completes an absolutely spectacular draft and trade period.

Weitering and a KPF seemed essential during the draft. I was in favour of a couple of mids, but hell Charlie's indiscretion netted us a top 5 talent on the cheap. Cuningham looks a likely prospect with great disposal (big tick). SOS will be a
very good (hopefully great) player when he matures. Gallucci seems made of the right stuff to compete for our small forward vacancy. Jesse simply gives us a genuine Full Back to replace Jammo and Rowey in a year or two.

I am not discounting the prospects of Jaksch and Foster to make it as KPP either. Might take a year or three for
these youngsters to mature, but we have the nucleus of a genuine contender. The next two years will be our time
to add midfield class. Love it SOS and team.

Almost fix up the whole list in one draft - love SOS:D
There are so many new boys to recognise thru:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears opinion is very much divided here. Reading through the draft profiles (they're in the OP) some agree with me while others agree with you.
So he is both... the ultimate defender :p

Not saying I know anything about him, just his highlights shows a lot of rebound and not many one on one.

Reading the reviews I was hoping that we might have picked this guy, we still need a young tall defender, Weitering is going to be a dominant tall backman for us, we need another who can at least play a role really well. Another player to watch with plenty of interest.

Very pleased: JGM, JW, Cripps, HM, CC. We've created a spine in one fell swoop and realistically none of them need to come in immediately to fill positions, thus can develop appropriately at NB. G-Mac has to be the nickname. Can't wait to watch him develop.
What's the bet, if this all turns out as we'd hope, that Mick claims credit for how we turned it around...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back