Retired #29: Patrick Ambrose - Officially retired - 11/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Where was he yesterday?

Felt he was crashing packs and trying hard to make things happen yesterday at certain stages when we were struggling.

Quiet. We had slow movement across the back flanks. Doggies were protecting the space in front of him a lot.

He is a good lead up forward but doesn't have any other tricks at the moment. He needs to see how Chappy plays the game and watch videos of his movement in games.

Was also in the ruck at one stage as well.

I continue not to rate this guy. Hes important for now but id be looking to improve on this mature ager. Good find for a quick replacement to Crammers by those in charge.

I continue not to rate this guy. Hes important for now but id be looking to improve on this mature ager. Good find for a quick replacement to Crammers by those in charge.
As it stands, he is almost like another Kommer. Playing a team role, good for structure, but not doing a heap else. And just like Kommer, you couldn't fault him as a first year player. It's where he goes from here that will be interesting... How much potential does he have? More than Kommer i suspect. I hope the club didn't pay too much for Kommers contract, because i have no idea how he would break into this team now.
I think we should all be stoked with Paddy this year, and hold off further judgement for another 12 months or so. He would be a difficult player to upgrade on through FA... Is there hard leading forward you have in mind?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As it stands, he is almost like another Kommer. Playing a team role, good for structure, but not doing a heap else. And just like Kommer, you couldn't fault him as a first year player. It's where he goes from here that will be interesting... How much potential does he have? More than Kommer i suspect. I hope the club didn't pay too much for Kommers contract, because i have no idea how he would break into this team now.
I think we should all be stoked with Paddy this year, and hold off further judgement for another 12 months or so. He would be a difficult player to upgrade on through FA... Is there hard leading forward you have in mind?
It will be interesting to see his upside. Already physically built as well as any. The best runner at the club already. Already mature age. Some of these things dont have much upside in. But I will hold on that.

hmm maybe a Kersten, Tomlinson, L.Johnstone, S.Mckernan, Butcher, J.Grant, Jaksch, R.Tarrant, P.Stewart, Waite via Fa, plenty at the draft table for 19 and the big 3 prong hasnt been given a crack yet in TBC, JoeD, Carlisle ect.

Starting to wonder about Ambrose as a defender....haven't written him off as a forward but can see him getting trialled back at some point if it doesn't work, especially post-Fletcher. In theory, like Fletch, he'll be able to play on a variety of shapes and sizes and with his desire and unconditional approach (the boy is fearless) I can see him a real lock-down defender.

He had the same problems yesterday as Crameri did when we played them as a focal point forward. He is a third tall lead up player. Wasn't a great game, but we asked him to fill a big role.

I see enough in him to think he most certainly has a place, if Ambrose is considered part of our bottom six then we are right in it to win a flag over the next few years.

Hes gonna be no good against anyone as the 2nd key forward getting the 2nd best key defender. Grundy will make him look stupid. We either need to pick TBC and he remains 3rd tall or gets dropped if TBC is fit to play 3 qtrs

Patty Ambrose Facts @PA_47FACTS · 18h
Patrick can count on one hand the amount of games Dustin Fletcher has played. #Fact

Patty Ambrose Facts @PA_47FACTS · Jul 20
Patrick has thrown the umpire of the top level of the Etihad Stadium. Only for @jcarlisle22 to catch him. #Buckets #Fact #PA47
5df78_orig-cringe.gif

Structually would be as critical as Carlile. He straightens the attack up. It is no wonder that Ambrose coming back and Carlile being the 2nd coming of Carey has mae our team the most dangerous it has looked in 2 years. Good set shot, hurts the scoreboard. If you get your HF player Ambrose getting 1-2 goals a game you have done well.

He's a running workhorse. He crashes around, provides pressure and hurts people.

Has some nous around goals, kicked 3 on Hawthorn and kicked 3 in a half against Collingwood. People need to calm the * down - do you really want Nick Kommer back?

I felt Paddy played very high on the weekend. It is what helped give Carlisle space IMO. A number of times it was Carlisle and BJ/Fletch deep with Paddy and players like Chappy quite high. He still did a few decent things but certainly down my end (I was behind the goals), he seemed to play a very high half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back