Other Teams
New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers
718191-9644644e-f79f-11e3-ad87-69f2536f3756.jpg

Height: 182 cm

Weight: 78 cm

Date of Birth: 5th May 1988

Nickname: Krak

Position: Forward / Defender

Recruited From: Claremont (2006 National Draft Pick #39), Port Adelaide (SANFL) (2014 Rookie Draft Pick #16)

Other AFL Clubs: Gold Coast (2011, 13 games, 8 goals)

Career Games (to end of 2015): 67 (30 wins, 37 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2015): 20

Honours:
  • 2015 PAFC John McCarthy Award (Community Engagement)

For more career stats click here.

More info on Nathan Krakouer
After two years in the football wilderness and a year spent earning his stripes at the Magpies, Krak's prodigal son story was completed in 2015. Starting on the rookie list, he impressed in the pre season trial matches and was quickly promoted from the rookie list to play his first AFL game for the club since 2010 in round 3. He played 7 games before being returned to the rookie list, most likely for list management purposes. He was immediately reinstated to the senior list as a mid season promotion and went on to play another 7 games for a return of 14 on the season, a great effort for a player who began the year on the rookie list and with questionable fitness levels. Krak’s accurate kicking and smooth movement off the half back line is a valuable commodity at AFL level and he is potentially an important player for us heading forward. His fitness remains something of an issue but he is working with the best in the business to improve that side of his game. He will again start the season on the rookie list in 2016, giving him a great incentive to work hard over the pre season to earn a promotion.

Highlights

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathan Krakouer

What are your thoughts on Nathan Krakouer?? He looked alright on the weekened against carlton, is he going to be in your starting line up for round 1??

Nathan Krackouer

G'day Port people.....can anyone tell me whats happened with Nathan Krackouer.

He looked a ripper last year. Is he injured or playing in the SANFL???

Re: #29 Nathan Krakouer

Loading up the gun on half back. Half back Krak. ;)

Krakouer is back, where he belongs
March 11, 2009 12:30am

HE transformed his body. Now Port Adelaide's Nathan Krakouer has changed his mindset.

When the Power's creative utility left Alberton for his home state of Western Australia at the end of last season, he was a broken man - physically and mentally.

His spindly frame failed him, restricting him to just three AFL games in 2008. His passion for the game also was dwindling rapidly.

"The injuries I had, the hamstrings, meant for the last few games I was injured the whole time so it was a bit depressing," shy Krakouer said. "Once I did come back I ended up getting injured again by tearing my calf at the (Port) Magpies, so I couldn't play in the (SANFL) finals.

"It was just depressing the last half of the year. All I wanted to do was go back home and freshen up, have a break and not worry about footy too much.

"Now I've had that break I'm pretty confident I'll be fresh for this year."

Krakouer, 20, also is rejuvenated by his new role as a play-making defender, streaming out of Port's back half.

Outside the club, that was seen as a significant move, given the speedster had made a name for himself as a goalsneak in 14 AFL games.

Port's coaching panel, however, recognised Krakouer's superior decision making and history as a defender, playing for WAFL club Claremont. "He's a great kick, great decision-maker and he's got speed," backline coach Adam Kingsley said.

"He's got the three qualities you need to be able to break down zones.

"He's played two games at half-back flank and we saw the quality of him in the first half (against Geelong in the NAB Cup).

"I think as the season goes on he's going to be a terrific player."

After Krakouer caught the eye accumulating disposals at will against the Cats at AAMI Stadium, he backed up with 27 touches against the Kangaroos last Saturday.

"Obviously, Geelong was going to get a lot of ball inside 50m so, once you're playing in that sort of role, if you're in the right spot you're going to rack them (disposals) up," Krakouer said.

"You've just got to use it when you do get it.

"I've still got to work on my defensive side because it cannot be all attack. You've got to first of all play defence and beat your man. Then once the ball's hit the ground you play to the gameplan."

No doubt Krakouer's blistering pace also will assist the Power in trying to beat the defensive zones they are sure to face this season.

"That's the gameplan. I think a lot of teams are going to use kicking ability and have a bit of pace coming out of defence," said Krakouer, who paid tribute to Kingsley and fellow defender Alipate Carlile in helping his transition.

"It stops the opposition trying to set up a zone if you move it quickly with pace and kicking ability.

"I guess I'm the perfect person to play that role really."

That is why Port coach Mark Williams thought it necessary to grant Krakouer extra time across the Nullarbor, something his young charge certainly will not forget.

"Obviously, if you talk to anyone about Port Adelaide they'll tell you the same thing, it's a great club and they look after you," Krakouer said.

"I'm happy to stay here and spend the rest of my career here."

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/sport/afl/story/0,26547,25168900-5014673,00.html

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure about his being at half back.

From what I have gathered, he simply cant defend.

It's all good if he can attack well from there, but if he cannot defend, it may be a repeat of peter burgoyne last season, perhaps with less brainfades, who knows.

Why not play him through the wing or half forward flank...

Not sure about his being at half back.

From what I have gathered, he simply cant defend.

It's all good if he can attack well from there, but if he cannot defend, it may be a repeat of peter burgoyne last season, perhaps with less brainfades, who knows.

Why not play him through the wing or half forward flank...
It all depends on who else is around him.
If it is the same batch of rebound first defend later players from last year, or even add Chad back there, then yeah we could be in trouble again.
If we have defensive minded players around him then he will be very good. :thumbsu:

Yeah, I don't know a lot about Krakouer's defence capabilities but I do know he is an excellent player one on one and this should help him excel defensively. Give him some time and he should be a beauty.

Whats going on with this boy? Causing me some SuperCoach pain.

Is he likely to be recalled any time soon or should I offload him?

Subbed off in the third quarter last week against the Western Bulldogs and then dropped for the Melbourne game. No mention of an injury.

Has to be a concern if one of the players the Gold Coast poached with bags of cash can't get a game in a side of mostly kids.

Especially with Campbell Brown suspended.

Looks like his body shape hasn't changed from his last season with Port either.

Subbed off in the third quarter last week against the Western Bulldogs and then dropped for the Melbourne game. No mention of an injury.

Has to be a concern if one of the players the Gold Coast poached with bags of cash can't get a game in a side of mostly kids.

Was late to training I read, so not played in the game. Should be in this week.

EDIT--

...cannot remember if it was him or Bennell that turned up late for training. One of them did and got suspended from the Melbourne game. The other was just sore from the Dogs game. Sorry. Can't confirm which.

Was late to training I read, so not played in the game. Should be in this week.

EDIT--

...cannot remember if it was him or Bennell that turned up late for training. One of them did and got suspended from the Melbourne game. The other was just sore from the Dogs game. Sorry. Can't confirm which.
Krakouer didn't play in the GC Reserves so could be injured or suspended however Bennell did play in the ressies.

If late for training then maybe some of his off field issues have followed him to the Gold Coast despite the big money.

Interesting to see if he comes to Adelaide to play Port this week. He would have to be in danger of injuring a heartlage. :)

Before I admit that I was ...wwwrrrrooonnnggg on this player, I will wait until after Saturday - yeah, pee weak, I know.

Just read that it was Bennell who was barred from that game, not Krakouer.

Krakouer pulled up sore which is probably why he missed the ressies too. Bennell still fit to play in the ressies, just not allowed to in the Melbourne game I suppose.

Anyways. Both should be back this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back