Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Two good games in a row suggest that we have to keep playing him as the penny is indeed starting to drop. Agree that it reminds me of how Greenwood went from a deer in the headlights to a solid contributor.
I know. Who'd have thought a human being could take time to build confidence and really show their wares on a more consistent basis? Regular experience, combined with not taking it for granted (looking at you Ryan Bastinac), can work wonders.

latest

Any one of you 'late to the party' muppets still wanna jump on board the Jacobs Jalopy?
I'm up the front with you on the bandwagon.
Get on people before there is no space left

I know. Who'd have thought a human being could take time to build confidence and really show their wares on a more consistent basis? Regular experience, combined with not taking it for granted (looking at you Ryan Bastinac), can work wonders.
To be fair on Basty, that epic tackle that contributed to a goal is something we want to see more often.

Aug 13, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
NORTH! 2016,2017,2018.
Very disappointed to see him squib a mark in the first quarter when he had to stand uncontested underneath a high ball.
As much as it did seem like a squib i cant help but think he was more valuable to us on the park than injured on the bench. Not a great look
regardless.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Does he get dropped again?

He would be extremely unlucky, but we have up to three players who on prior evidence will come straight back in if fit (Wells, Macmillan, McDonald)

Turner and Bastinac (be unlucky also) probably go first, but who is third? I'd hate to see Dumont get axed after his impressive debut. Wright, Atley and Spud won't get dropped.

Maybe the Macs have to come via the VFL? Very interesting selection week.

Anyway, good on him for another solid performance and taking his opportunity.

Last edited:

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
Does he get dropped again?

He would be extremely unlucky, but we have up to three players who on prior evidence will come straight back in if fit (Wells, Macmillan, McDonald)

Turner and Bastinac (be unlucky also) probably go first, but who is third? I'd hate to see Dumont get axed after his impressive debut. Wright, Atley and Spud won't get dropped.

Maybe the Macs have to come via the VFL?

Very interesting selection week.
Is JMac over that achilles injury that kept him out of the Lions game? No one knows. Heard reports that he still limps a bit when walking around but I hope he gets back ASAP. If Bennie Jacobs gets the chop this week, I will lose my lid! He shouldn't even be considered for the axe this week.

Saintly31

Cancelled
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is JMac over that achilles injury that kept him out of the Lions game? No one knows. Heard reports that he still limps a bit when walking around but I hope he gets back ASAP. If Bennie Jacobs gets the chop this week, I will lose my lid! He shouldn't even be considered for the axe this week.

You wouldn't think he would get dropped but then I was surprised he was omitted after his PA performance as well.

Reckon you are right, JMac unlikely which probably means LMac and Wells in.

Turner and Dumont might go first (although I'd really like Dumont to get another game), with Bastinac likely to come under consideration as well to keep Jacobs in.

Rockstar6

Premiership Player
Dec 23, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Utah Jazz
You wouldn't think he would get dropped but then I was surprised he was omitted after his PA performance as well.

Reckon you are right, JMac unlikely which probably means LMac and Wells in.

Turner and Dumont might go first (although I'd really like Dumont to get another game), with Bastinac likely to come under consideration as well to keep Jacobs in.
These are good headaches to have though. When you cant pick between 2 players, shows good depth :)

Was better than Caddy.
Heard Caddy on SEN last week, he was saying how pumped he was for this game, given we knocked them out of the finals. I think he will now start to realise he has chosen the wrong club, in terms of playing and winning finals over the next few years.

Deadeyeroo

Cancelled
May 18, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a pretty good game on the weekend and tends to turn in a good game like that about once a month. He needs to get some more consistency in his game especially seeing he is on a one year contract. Could possibly be trade bait at the end of the year.

discodaddy

All Australian
Jun 13, 2011
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
There are no others
Heard Caddy on SEN last week, he was saying how pumped he was for this game, given we knocked them out of the finals. I think he will now start to realise he has chosen the wrong club, in terms of playing and winning finals over the next few years.

Good. He was a complete tosser in the games we played last year so I hope he does come to that conclusion, and I hope we achieve the ultimate success that leads to years of taunting, Buckley style.

chubbspeterson

Premiership Player
Oct 10, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The problems with Jacobs are

- He goes to ground at strange times
- He often lacks composure
- He has yet to build the requiste trust from his teammates, they delay disposal looking for better otions.

All of the above can be fixed with time, but to do it we are sometimes gonna get s**t Jacobs, sometimes gonna get role player Jacobs.
That's part of the reason I'm not sure he'll be a best 22 AFL footballer. Lmac and Atley have that same composure problem too.

Caddy ? .......Caddy......? Didn't he pull a " BUCKLEY " on us ?

Wanted to go to a " good " club. Play in premierships ?

That's working well. Good luck Josh

No, said he was happy to come to either Geelong or North, he let the clubs fight it out for his services. GC just wanted Geelong's compo pick more than our live pick.

Back