Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it here yet, but I'm just watching the replay of the game.
With three & a half minutes to go in the first quarter Goddard hacks out a quick clearance kick from Essendons defensive fifty which skies out to the wing.
Jacobs runs back with the flight of the ball with eyes only for the footy & creates a great contest that ultimately stops a Lonergan mark.
It's just about the gutsiest thing a North Melbourne player has done this season & something I think needed to be pointed out.

image.jpg

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it here yet, but I'm just watching the replay of the game.
With three & a half minutes to go in the first quarter Goddard hacks out a quick clearance kick from Essendons defensive fifty which skies out to the wing.
Jacobs runs back with the flight of the ball with eyes only for the footy & creates a great contest that ultimately stops a Lonergan mark.
It's just about the gutsiest thing a North Melbourne player has done this season & something I think needed to be pointed out.

View attachment 135810
Top right he is clearly trying to avoid contact to his hair by leaning out of the way.

/* wit

Top right he is clearly trying to avoid contact to his hair by leaning out of the way.

/**** wit
Betcha we had one or two posters here thinking that for reals though

[bites the plastic top off a syringe]

Hang on guys I got this

Come here Tron. Come here big fella. Just going to give you some nice sleepy juice
Last time you gave me the sleepy juice I couldn't sit for a week.

Until the others pull the ******* finger out he stays. He hunts the ball and the man. He does have deficiencies and when he has too much time to think, he stuffs up and it drives me mad.
But unlike others, he doesnt go missing, such his willingness to work and prove himself.
Right now Il take that.

Mother f***ing oath taz. :thumbsu:

When a guy's laying it all on the line as the second coming of BJ is currently, the odd poor decision is secondary to his present value to the side.

Has been good the last few games and as long as he keeps improving we might see a player develop into a good player for us. It must be hard getting a game then getting dropped.
Lets see what happens win the next few weeks now is the time we need him to stand up and show us why we chased him so bad.

Has been improving for sure, still has a few brain farts, not skill errors cause his skills are quite good, just thinking and reacting too slowly or putting someone under the pump. I guess what I find really difficult to come to terms with is the hair. The shaved on the side and long on top is a little too Adolph Hitler/Miley Cyrus for my liking.

Last edited:
Has been improving for sure, still has a few brain farts, not skill errors cause his skills are quite good, just thinking and reacting too slowly or putting someone under the pump. I guess what I find really difficult to come to terms with is the hair. The shaved on the side and long on top is a little to Adolph for my liking.

Ja.

Has been improving for sure, still has a few brain farts, not skill errors cause his skills are quite good, just thinking and reacting too slowly or putting someone under the pump. I guess what I find really difficult to come to terms with is the hair. The shaved on the side and long on top is a little to Adolph for my liking.
If he played for * I'd make the joke I wish I could make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has been improving for sure, still has a few brain farts, not skill errors cause his skills are quite good, just thinking and reacting too slowly or putting someone under the pump. I guess what I find really difficult to come to terms with is the hair. The shaved on the side and long on top is a little too Adolph Hitler/Miley Cyrus for my liking.
Nah, pill chop is superb.

Great Gatsby-esque

JACOBS%20Ben.png
The-Great-Gatsby-Leonardo-DiCaprio1.jpg

Whilst a lot of the others in his similar position have plateaued, without any real improvement, Benny seems to be improving with every game. He desperately wants to make it, and it is reflected in his performance, which is more that can be said for others.

I couldn't care less what his or any other North player's hair looks like. So long as they give it their best shot; and Benny Jacobs is doing just that at the present; that's all that matters really.

(Hair is a very boring subject when you've got very little left and what there is has a strangely much whiter grey colour than it used to have many many moons ago. :eek: )

I'm a fan of the hair, but I'm not a fan of him. I feel that we're a stronger side with him not in it.

When he plays on instinct, he is a far better footballer.

Spot on and that's more about the back line working together. Tas knows his footy too well and as much as I agree with his points about BJ.. I'm more confident he'll continue doing what he is already doing with being the link player from HB to the HF line. Just need the Fwds to capitalize on the opportunities when BJ offers clean disposal. Like the fact he is getting involved more & more.

Jacobs can do some courageous things no doubt, then nek minnit puts in an insipid effort that undoes his good work.

Same goes for his decision making, especially under pressure.

Be interesting to see if he holds his place this week with Wood coming back, Dumont likely to replace Swallow and potentially Mullett and Turner as outside chances as flankers.

He deserves to, but I'm not sure he will going on prior history of selections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back