Retired # 5: Brent Stanton - Essendon VFL Head Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair, this is one season where Stanton ran out the season well - In the last few, his form has dropped away in the last third of the season - By definition an elite endurance athlete should finish the season off well.

Will be looking forward to seeing what kind of role Woosha has in mind for him next year.

Will be looking forward to seeing what kind of role Woosha has in mind for him next year.
Probably a hard running outside midfielder, I'd say.
Just a guess though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He wanted 2 and based on his form he deserved 2.

The club obviously wanted to start going 1 year at a time deal.

We gave him a deal that if he performs at the same level he will get a second year.

We compromised and everyone liked it.

Great job. Can't wait to see Stants running around in the red and black again!

Probably a hard running outside midfielder, I'd say.
Just a guess though.

We need blokes with speed and good kicking skills for those roles. Not sure Woosha will put up with hack kicks around the corner and turnovers all season from him.

Time will tell what his fate will be as member of this side.

He'll have to top his so called outstanding 2015 form to stay in a Worsfold side.

We need blokes with speed and good kicking skills for those roles. Not sure Woosha will put up with hack kicks around the corner and turnovers all season from him.

Time will tell what his fate will be as member of this side.

He'll have to top his so called outstanding 2015 form to stay in a Worsfold side.
Stanton's been in our best 22 across 5 different coaches. Chances are Worsfold rates him enough to stay in the side.

[QUOTE="matty lloyd the champ, post: 41713896, member: 2767] Chances are Worsfold rates him enough to stay in the side.[/QUOTE]

Of course..he would've been delisted otherwise wouldn't he.

That's not to say he's going to be playing the same sort of role under the new coach.

One is enough. Realistic approach by the club.
I could have copped a two year deal but in the end I agree one year is the smartest approach.

I predict he'll get that second year based on form eventually anyway.

May have been covered, but who are the 8 bombers coaches the article suggests Stanton has played under? I can only think of 5.

Sheeds, Gary O'D, Knights, Hird, Bomber, Goody, Egan, Woosha makes 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back