Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Shane Woewodin
2. Tony Liberatore
3. Brad Hardie
4. Brian Wilson
5. Paul Couch

You are kidding right? The guy won several best and fairests at Geelong during their famous patch of 4 GF losses. He was an absolute gun the year he won it. Once again, I don't think you paid attention.
I agree Ablett was the superstar, but Couch was certainly a deserving
recipetant. That he won 2/3 club best and fairest shows he was doing his role perfectly and very well.

5 worst ever.

1 James Hird - Why because I hate Essendon
2. chris judd - Because Hodgey hates him
3. gary Ablett Jnr - Whoops hasn't won one
4. Gary ablett snr - whoops hasnt won one
5. Nathan Ablett - Whoops left the club

Just my opinion

your a c$%t

Just my opinion

Wanganeen is certainly a deserved winner. OK there were some anomolies back in 93' like forwards clearly not polling and William's last game. However, Wanganeen came very close to saluting again 10 years later and he would have been a more deserving winner than the three turkeys who shared it.

I am a life long Dodgiies supporter and unabashed Libba fan but my list is:

1. Woewy - even he was surprised. That was West's stolen.
2. Libba - sorry dogies fans but he was not even in our one list of favs that year.
3. Dipper - thug who was skilless. Great heart and loved the way that he played but a brownlow winner - please.
4 Brian Wilson - never committed to the game and could only have won a brownlow because he was too fat and blocked the umps view so they couldn't see other players.

5 Barry Round - please denigrates the award.

Anyone with Scott Wynd in the list has there head up there arse. He was a ruckman who started when he was 18 and changed the way ruckmen played at the time. He was dominant for a long period. Knees stopped his leap but just competed and competed. never kicked but did need to because Leon Cameron was also close by and would just hand off.

Bernie Quinlan is close. Not a fan but he did play well in average sides.

Hardie is very interesting. He was a very good player who was ahead of his time. Was one of the first defenders to run off and create attacking moves. He had more than one good season and the brownlow was a reward that probably even surprised him. But hew was a good player and his awards in state games and a WA B&F probably account for why he received the brownlow. Really was only beaten once that year - by Leigh Mathews so it was a fitting reward.

1 - Brad Hardie
2 - Tony Liberatore
3 - Scott Wynd
4 - Adam Cooney
5 - Gavin Wanganeen

Just realised how incredibly overrated Bulldogs players are by the umpires/media.

To think Chris Grant and Scott West almost won a Brownlow too. :eek:
You are right Coony definately Shouldn't have won last years Brownlow

obviously a troll post because he is unsettled and feels the need to strengthen his resolve after the massive schooling given by a certain bulldogs moderator in Bay 13. I have read a journal by a Harvard psychologist that quotes behaviors such is this as a symptom of a lonely, depressive individual that feel the need to fill their social void due to a lack of satisfaction in life.

To make your post more believable I suggest putting woewodin on the top and scrapping that chris grant, scott west comment all together because a brownlow would have been appropriate for the respective years they had.

in conclusion you are a child and I read you like a book, I hope my cutting edge insight does not further unsettle you in to thinking you have a meaningless life, everyone is special including you.

cheers, rage up lad.
Maybe you should read a book about English first. It is really sad when people feel the need to appear more intelligent than they actually are,and your post is a classic example of this. I will give you a tip,dont try too hard,just be your self ,no matter how ordinary that is.

Goodes, the least deserving dual Brownlow medalist ever. Maybe he deserved 1, maybe.He is a flashy player in a boring side. Woewodin...you are a great player if you can develop a career, not play one good season. Wanganeen prob shouldn't have won, but did have a good season. They're the 3 that I can remember, but I agree the Brownlow does not truly represent the best player. You can be an awesome player, but if your in a s**t team, you are not going to get 3 votes. Also Scotty West should have won one, was a resilient star, and I'm not a doggies supporter.

Shame on all the ****heads who contributed to making a list of the 5 worst brownlow medalist.

Every Brownlow medalist was a worthy winner. You guys are all dreaming if you will even touch a brownlow in your life span. In addition I bet none of you have even won the Best and fairest award in your own footy competition. None of you would know s**t

Shame on all the ****heads who contributed to making a list of the 5 worst brownlow medalist.

Every Brownlow medalist was a worthy winner. You guys are all dreaming if you will even touch a brownlow in your life span. In addition I bet none of you have even won the Best and fairest award in your own footy competition. None of you would know s**t

I can see where you're coming from, and some posts in this thread could indeed be put in the 'poor form' category. Still, if you pick any select group of players (in this case, Brownlow Medal winners), you're always going to get a best and a worst, even if to win a Brownlow you do have to have had at least one great season.

However, the thread might have some more merit if we simply judge the worst Brownlow winners in context of their particular Brownlow year, instead of deriding good players for one extraordinary medal-winning season that stands out in comparison to the rest of their career. Maybe instead of saying (for example) Shane Woewodin was a terrible Brownlow Medal winner, suggestions could be made as to who should have won instead of him in 2000, and so on.

Good to see you in the thread, Mr. Hardie ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Graham Wright was a Tasmanian too!
Haha, to be fair I am relatively young, only started watching footy in 1997 so too young to remember Wright I would think. But I like to think I've heard and seen most notable 90's footballers, odd I haven't heard of him.

p.s nice vid haha

Garry Ablett Jnr
He is a crybaby
*cue mock crying* "Wah wah why do i get picked on every single week, wah wah i get tagged 2:1"
duh because your father played this game
Mate you should take a page out of Jack Watts book. First game in and he gets triple-teamed, because he knew that as a No.1 draft pick he was hot property, and did not complain about it.
And this further prooves that this is a midfeiders medal. When was the time when a forward or a defender won it?

And this further prooves that this is a midfeiders medal. When was the time when a forward or a defender won it?

Just from the last 40 years or so:

2003 - Adam Goodes (ruck)
1996 - James Hird (half forward)
1993 - Gavin Wanganeen (back pocket)
1992 - Scott Wynd (ruck)
1991 - Jim Stynes (ruck)
1987 - Tony Lockett (full forward)
1984 - Peter Moore (centre half forward)
1983 - Ross Glendinning (centre half forward)
1981 - Bernie Quinlan (full forward), Barry Round (ruck)
1980 - Kelvin Templeton (centre half forward)
1979 - Peter Moore (ruck)
1978 - Malcolm Blight (full forward)
1977 - Graham Teasdale (centre half forward)
1976 - Graham Moss (ruck)
1975 - Gary Dempsey (ruck)
1972 - Len Thompson (ruck)

Seems like only in the past 15 years or so has it become a true midfielder's award. Before that is was a bit more of a raffle it seems.

From the last 10 years:

1. Woewoeful (ordinary player, who had a stand out year)
2. Adam Goodes (03) (considering this bloke polls votes for just turning up, it is hard to take his two medals seriously. Great player, dual Brownlow winner? Give me a break)
3. Adam Cooney (Ablett and Richo both robbed)
4. Adam Goodes (06) (as above)
5. Mark Ricciuto (Well i've got to have 5, and he was one of the 3 stooges in 03).

Toss of coin between Cooney and Woewodin

Cooney made AA the same year, when Cooneys up and going the Dogs look better, they only number 1 pick to win a brownlow he will win a 2nd one in the next few years, its clear you don't watch the Dogs play. For you and others that make that statement don't no football and are clearly all flogs.

Goodes, the least deserving dual Brownlow medalist ever. Maybe he deserved 1, maybe.He is a flashy player in a boring side.

Goodes in 2006:

Sydney Swans Club Champion
Herald Sun Player of the Year
Triple M Player of the Year
3AW Player of the Year
Channel 7 Player of the Year
All Australian selection

And the Brownlow Medal. Did he deserve THAT one? Is 2006 the one he deserved?

although woewodin may not have had a great career, did have a fantastic year in 2000 and was a very major part of the dees making the gf.. you cant say there has ever been a player that has won a brownlow that hasn't had a great year...

unfortunately though, it has became a midfielders award as the number of possesions a player has is now drastically overrated due to the way footy is played now... really the efforts of fowards and defenders are dramatically underrated...

1 - Brad Hardie
2 - Tony Liberatore
3 - Scott Wynd
4 - Adam Cooney
5 - Gavin Wanganeen

Just realised how incredibly overrated Bulldogs players are by the umpires/media.

To think Chris Grant and Scott West almost won a Brownlow too. :eek:

I'm just thinking of a way to vent without receiving another red card. Let me just say that you, Sir, masterbate a great deal ie. you are a w*nker.

Maybe its best you enjoy spending the rest of your life following your cellar dwellar of a club and post up threads like this one to make you feel special. If you had any football knowledge, you would know that your top 5 should be a bit more varied. But it is rather evident that you have strong feelings of hatred towards 1 club in particular.

Good luck on battling it out for the wooden spoon in 2010 AGAIN

Garry Ablett Jnr
He is a crybaby
*cue mock crying* "Wah wah why do i get picked on every single week, wah wah i get tagged 2:1"
duh because your father played this game
Mate you should take a page out of Jack Watts book. First game in and he gets triple-teamed, because he knew that as a No.1 draft pick he was hot property, and did not complain about it.

I think I speak for all Geelong fans when I say that Gary Ablett should never take a page out of Jack Watts' book in regards anything. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back