Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

What's our winning % with this bloke in our team?
Even still what's our winning % with him and Sugar in the side together?..

Gotta be around 80%?
We've won 16 out of 21 when Brown has been in the side, so just over 76%.

Edit: just saw the bit with Sugar.

When Sugar and Brown have both been in the side together, we've won 7 of 10, 70%.

We've won 16 out of 21 when Brown has been in the side, so just over 76%.

Edit: just saw the bit with Sugar.

When Sugar and Brown have both been in the side together, we've won 7 of 10, 70%.
Thanks RB yeah they both make a difference that's for sure!

Brown leads. Daw just hovers around the square collapsing space. He unfortunately makes others around him play worse. The game he kicked 6 against WB petrie ran away from contests and hardly touched it.

Watch Daw in the VFL, he leads, he is more sure of himself and his position. I struggle to see how most of our players have any confidence in what they are doing on the ground the way we put this team together. GC flooded back and we kept kicking nowhere and all our forwards were two stepping because there was no space. I think Brown is important, but you need to play players to their strengths. Petrie's days of kicking bags are over, he should be working up the ground along with Brown. Majak should be played for at least 6 weeks playing closer to goal. He just looks like a guy that doesn't know his place and in our turd of a forward line, who could blame him.

We have to play Waite to validate his contract.

I know you said that previously and I disagreed.

I'm accepting of that viewpoint now that I know Brown wasn't rested, rather dropped.

Surely Brown comes in this week, Daw gets a second crack, and Waite can go fishing or ten pin bowling, I don't care.

I know you said that previously and I disagreed.

I'm accepting of that viewpoint now that I know Brown wasn't rested, rather dropped.

Surely Brown comes in this week, Daw gets a second crack, and Waite can go fishing or ten pin bowling, I don't care.

Brad's first meeting this morning should have been to give Maj and BBB the keys to the forward line for the rest of the year.

"Boys, I know that there are going to be ups and downs, but its yours for the rest of the year. Once Aaron has some touch in the VFL he'll join you."

1. Ben Brown handled his omission terrifically, booting four goals in a key-forward post.

“They (Coburg) really struggled to defend him when he had the opportunity to get on the move inside 50,” Dyer said.

“He played on (Michael) Hartley who is one of the better defenders in the VFL and easily could have kicked five or six.

“He’s really working on his impact in the air, but also as soon as it hits ground level he’s able to pressure and keep the ball in.

“He’s doing a bit of work during the week on that part of his game and there were some pleasing signs in that regard as well.”

i was at the game saturday and it wasn't for lack of effort that maj didn't get much footy.
A very different player at vfl level he is so i expect its the pressure of trying to be successful at afl level
that he hasn't worked out how to deal with. I think he needs to be given the rest of the year to cement a spot in our forward line even tho we
most likely will lose a few more games. If at the end of the season he still cant make it then he needs to be traded.
Petrie looks more and more fatigued early in the games so he probably doesn't have much time left in our forward line.
We need to be realistic that there isnt a grand final in this group so its time to get games into other players.

I love ben brown. To me he is every bit of quality and very smart on field. I would love to see the club build our forward line around him. Big bustling sideshow bob screaming out on the lead!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Benny brown is always presenting and is at least having a crack. I would not be dropping him and keeping Waite in our side. Maj is a different player at VFL level, We should have been getting games into him years ago so he was ready instead of recruiting 32 year old players from other clubs.

Love this bloke. Had the spotlight on him tonight with Petrie out and kicked four goals. Excellent footballer and person.
hes definately not flying under the radar any more, had planty of attention but is hard to mark when he takes off up the ground. shades of Nick Crywaldt with his gallops.

Now that Wells is MIA for an uncertain time, I've decided Big Ben is my favourite player.

I almost jump out of my seat every time he takes a mark, and all the little things he does for the team is important.

Gun. Made it the hard way. Brilliant bloke also.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back