Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

probably comes down to both player and club? regardless, ill give credit to both.

Some more on Brown:

Through his first 15 games, he has kicked 29 goals.

Nick Riewoldt kicked 8. Pavlich 12. Buddy 15. Jack Riewoldt 12. Kurt Tippett 15. Josh Kennedy 6.

Carey kicked 11. The only current day gun forward that matches up is Taylor Walker, who kicked 27 in his first 15 games of AFL footy.

Some more on Brown:

Nick Riewoldt kicked 8. Pavlich 12. Buddy 15. Jack Riewoldt 12. Kurt Tippett 15. Josh Kennedy 6.

Carey kicked 11. The only current day gun forward that matches up is Taylor Walker, who kicked 27 in his first 15 games of AFL footy.
How many did plugger kick?
Edit:19 in his first 12 games then 6,3&7

Last edited:
Some more on Brown:

Interesting on knowing the age of the debut of the players you have highlighted also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting on knowing the age of the debut of the players you have highlighted also

N. Riewoldt: 18y, 269d
M. Pavlich: 18y, 99d
L. Franklin: 18y, 57d
J. Riewoldt: 18y, 207d
K. Tippett: 20y, 320d
J. Kennedy: 18y, 255d
W. Carey: 18y, 15d
T. Walker: 18y, 337d
T. Lockett: 17y, 39d
B. Brown: 21y, 214d

Belongs in the 'all time bonehead selections' thread.

Yes but to be fair, the reasons were entirely valid: we needed experience for a first up intestate game. Because everyone knows that a round 1 game is far more intense and pressure packed than a knock out final at the MCG.

Won't happen again.

Is he now our best key forward?
I won't say that until he plays on their best key defender each week.

Travelling beautifully right now though.

Lol at thread title.

He was impressive on the weekend I thought. Didn't get a mention which I thought surprising.

One thing I noticed being at game is how hard he works. Never stops running.

Also has excellent sense of when to lead and where to go.

I won't say that until he plays on their best key defender each week.

Very good point, having Waite and Petrie in the side is doing his output wonders.

Close to my favourite player at the moment.

Kudos on thread title!

The exciting thing is that he is still clearly improving. His marking at full stretch (200cm plus a big reach) is bloody hard to defend against. His muscling up over the off-season has started to turn him into a big unit and he is gradually starting to use his frame to advantage. His ruck work has improved in timing and positioning. He is one of the most watchable players in the side now. The buzz in the Hobart crowd whenever he took a grab was terrific.

Still anticipating the Benny Brown-Majak Daw combo at some time this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back