Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't believe I was unhappy when we picked this bloke. I have gone from being unhappy to putting his number on my sons back.
At this early stage he is one of our most consistant contributors. He has benefited hugely from being in the AFL system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't believe I was unhappy when we picked this bloke. I have gone from being unhappy to putting his number on my sons back.
At this early stage he is one of our most consistant contributors. He has benefited hugely from being in the AFL system.

One of the great draft steals of recent years. His skills below his feet are ridiculous for a big bloke.

You did aptly call yourself 'nutjob' in the same month picked him up...

Thoughts on his form? Seems like one player who really needs the bye. Majaks really making a play for his spot.
Has done a power of work since being selected in the middle of last year and is probably due for a rest.
I think we forget how young he is because of his physical attributes and the immediate impact he's had on our club.

Problem is after all the hype of winning v an undermanned GWS I think the selection committee would be loathe to do anything other than tinker around the edges of the team. I doubt Maj will get a run until we have our "spot" in the 8 or there is an injury that requires a change.

Has done a power of work since being selected in the middle of last year and is probably due for a rest.
I think we forget how young he is because of his physical attributes and the immediate impact he's had on our club.
And it's 2 years that he has come into the side without a preseason nor a complete rehab. Got to look after the young fella a bit. He has been looking a bit ginger since his knee problem. Give him a spell, give Maj a run for a few, then let Browny back at 'em, refreshed for the run home.

And it's 2 years that he has come into the side without a preseason nor a complete rehab. Got to look after the young fella a bit. He has been looking a bit ginger since his knee problem. Give him a spell, give Maj a run for a few, then let Browny back at 'em, refreshed for the run home.
Absolutely.

I still definitely have Brown ahead of Daw, but I actually like that idea and think might work well for all parties.

- Gives Majak a crack.
- Allows Brown some recovery time.
- Puts Waite under notice he better perform or he will be out and we go Petrie/Brown/Majak.
- If Majak doesn't produce then not much is lost and we go back to the incumbent structure.

Good call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still definitely have Brown ahead of Daw, but I actually like that idea and think might work well for all parties.

- Gives Majak a crack.
- Allows Brown some recovery time.
- Puts Waite under notice he better perform or he will be out and we go Petrie/Brown/Majak.
- If Majak doesn't produce then not much is lost and we go back to the incumbent structure.

Good call.
I'm on board.

What's the word on Brown being omitted? Just a freshen up?

If it's to give him a break I don't mind but I love him in the team like everyone else.

A break of sorts for his ongoing knee issue. Looked good at training during the week though so I'd expect him to bounce back quickly.

Said a while ago he should never be dropped, even after his poor weeks. Really wonder what our selection panels' line of thinking is some times. Wouldn't have mattered much yesterday anyway, would have lost either way and confirmed to me that Maj just won't make it.

Said a while ago he should never be dropped, even after his poor weeks. Really wonder what our selection panels' line of thinking is some times. Wouldn't have mattered much yesterday anyway, would have lost either way and confirmed to me that Maj just won't make it.
Brown leads. Daw just hovers around the square collapsing space. He unfortunately makes others around him play worse. The game he kicked 6 against WB petrie ran away from contests and hardly touched it.

Brown leads. Daw just hovers around the square collapsing space. He unfortunately makes others around him play worse. The game he kicked 6 against WB petrie ran away from contests and hardly touched it.
Watching Brown live I was very impressed with how hard he runs and his ability to separate and isolate defenders. He makes Drew a better player being in the side. His ruckwork has improved heaps too, which makes his a valuable asset. should be put in the team for the rest of the year come hell or high water.

Comes straight back.....form or no form.

He is more North Melbourne than some of the guys that have been on the list longer than he has. Can not fault this guys attitude regarding the way he prepares, plays and engages with supporters. There is something very endearing when it comes to Browny as North person.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back