Past #50: Ben Brown - Traded to Melbourne with 2020 #28 + 2021 R4 for 2020 #26 #33 + 2021 R4(Bris) - 130 gms / 287 gls - thanks Ben

Remove this Banner Ad

You might be right would need to go back over those games to check.

Have never considered him quite in that category to date. Taylor Walker, Drew Petrie, Travis Cloke are blokes that come to mind that I'd considered elite in the current league before even considering past players like Carey or Jonathon Brown into any marking discussion.

I definitely wouldn't base it off this years finals. He actually shocked me on how many marks he dropped :/ but I think it was more about his body strength not being able to push off his opponent well enough and possibly not being able to deal with the tunnelling.

Of course not, not yet but i can definitely see him being a leading goal kicker in 2016. Dish has more experience and same with Cloke. Those guys steadily got better and better where brown has that natural footy sense IMO and due to that will improve quicker

Plus one stat that stood out was the amount of wins we have when brown is in the side playing and on song. He works in sync with the forward line but only played for over a year.... Quite impressive!

Last edited:
Brown is an excellent mark when fit and at his best. (unfortunately not finals this year)

Petrie who always been poor at wresting and often running under the ball, and he is considered an elite mark when firing and timing it. Taylor Walker is an ordinary mark unless on the lead and finding space. (which he is fantastic at)

With a full pre-season I think he could become our most dangerous forward. I like the look of Durdin and McKay, but suspect they are some time away from impacting at AFL level.

For the moment it's Waite/Petrie/Brown, and if all fit with a midfield that can hopefully perform better than it did last year, we become a seriously dangerous team :thumbsu:

Last edited:

I definitely wouldn't base it off this years finals. He actually shocked me on how many marks he dropped :/ but I think it was more about his body strength not being able to push off his opponent well enough and possibly not being able to deal with the tunnelling.

Of course not, not yet but i can definitely see him being a leading goal kicker in 2016. Dish has more experience and same with Cloke. Those guys steadily got better and better where brown has that natural footy sense IMO and due to that will improve quicker

Plus one stat that stood out was the amount of wins we have when brown is in the side playing and on song. He works in sync with the forward line but only played for over a year.... Quite impressive!

Good point about the tunnelling. The number of times him and Drew were forced under the ball. Sometimes a bad kick, sometimes leading under the ball, sometimes the defender going unpunished. All fixable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know someone has posted photos earlier in this thread but Benny's looking very fit! I reckon he was stuck standing there for 45 mins to an hour signing autographs. Arguably the most popular player of the day since Harvey/Petrie/Swallow/Ziebell/Goldy/Dal Santo/Tarrant etc a no show. The kids absolutely love Big Benny Brown!

benny50.PNG

I know someone has posted photos earlier in this thread but Benny's looking very fit! I reckon he was stuck standing there for 45 mins to an hour signing autographs. Arguably the most popular player of the day since Harvey/Petrie/Swallow/Ziebell/Goldy/Dal Santo/Tarrant etc a no show. The kids absolutely love Big Benny Brown!

View attachment 200634

He appears genuine as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back