Free Agent # 6: Joe Daniher (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derp kicked 28 goals for the season (including the elimination final). I don't know about you all but I wouldn't be surprised if he was nudging up around 40+ goals for the year next at least. If the delivery to our forward line improves, he works on his kicking (no doubt about his work ethic), hold more marks (ball always seemed to hit his hands and fly out) and bulks up in the gym this is easily feasible. Based on his display in the elimination final, it felt like for the first time he was a genuine threat when ever the ball went near him, he was electrifying and the crowd was going bonkers - I lost my voice. I can't wait for round 1 next year!

Derp kicked 28 goals for the season (including the elimination final). I don't know about you all but I wouldn't be surprised if he was nudging up around 40+ goals for the year next at least. If the delivery to our forward line improves, he works on his kicking (no doubt about his work ethic), hold more marks (ball always seemed to hit his hands and fly out) and bulks up in the gym this is easily feasible. Based on his display in the elimination final, it felt like for the first time he was a genuine threat when ever the ball went near him, he was electrifying and the crowd was going bonkers - I lost my voice. I can't wait for round 1 next year!

Full Derpage will be achieved next year.....

Could easily pass 50 goals in 2015.. his last month was impressive.. a real glimpse into the future and I would expect more of it..

Could easily pass 50 goals in 2015.. his last month was impressive.. a real glimpse into the future and I would expect more of it..

Twas exciting, and was it just me or did his kicking also straighten up a bit during that last month also?

Last edited:
Twas exciting, and was it just me or did his kicking also straighten up a bit during that last month also?

His kicking got better.

I gi-giggitied my googity.

If you watch him kick in the warm-ups, he slots the majority of them. Makes me think a lot of his set shots issues is mental. Obviously has a few technique problems, but I think when he's nervous in a game, it exacerbates them a fair bit. Started using more of a routine towards the end of last year too, long run-up, slowly walks into his shot. Could easily improve a lot, especially considering he's a pretty good field kick too.

Have to keep reminding myself that he'll be a third year forward who is 200cm+.... I really shouldn't expect to much of him.

But geez that second half of the year was good. REALLY good. The fact he saved his best for a final is pantie moistening.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah.. been a long time since we had a true forward.. its good.

Hence why I'm not sure we need to recruit more 18 year old beanpoles to play KPF.. let Daniher mature and maybe pick up some support via trade or FA..

I think his hands have looked really good; the frustrating thing is how many simple chest marks he drops.

That is only an improvement of a goal every 3 games.

Surely the floor is higher?
Quite possibly, but I'm being conservative.

I think his hands have looked really good; the frustrating thing is how many simple chest marks he drops.
He started to hold a few more marks towards the end of the season.. and I expect with more experience he will either take more in the hands or keep his concentration better.

So far I have seen little about his development to be concerned. I think you have to keep reminding yourself that he is 19 years old and 200cm.. and already has basically cemented a spot in our best 22.. leading goal kicker as well.

Yes it says something about our forward line.. but it also says a heck of a lot about the raw talent of this young man.

If you watch him kick in the warm-ups, he slots the majority of them. Makes me think a lot of his set shots issues is mental. Obviously has a few technique problems, but I think when he's nervous in a game, it exacerbates them a fair bit. Started using more of a routine towards the end of last year too, long run-up, slowly walks into his shot. Could easily improve a lot, especially considering he's a pretty good field kick too.

I think this is the case too.

From memory before he got the call up to senior level, he was kicking 5+ goals each week in the 2nds.

So it's more sorting out a goal kicking routine, ignoring the pressure and slotting them through.

He started to hold a few more marks towards the end of the season.. and I expect with more experience he will either take more in the hands or keep his concentration better.

So far I have seen little about his development to be concerned. I think you have to keep reminding yourself that he is 19 years old and 200cm.. and already has basically cemented a spot in our best 22.. leading goal kicker as well.

Yes it says something about our forward line.. but it also says a heck of a lot about the raw talent of this young man.

That's the most exciting thing, so when he's 24 or 25? If we presume that Daniher starts attracting a couple of defenders and Carlisle continues to develop, the possibilities for that pairing are immense. A couple of quicks around their feet who can find the goals and I'm getting carried away...

I always get nervous when JD gets sent in to ruck. I'm sure I'm just stigmatising his lanky legs and the possibility of hampering the longevity of his knees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back