6. Kade Simpson

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is devoted to Kade Simpson.

Kade has been my favourite player since he was drafted. Was touted as a 1st round pick, but clubs overlooked him due to his extremely small frame. Carlton took the punt on him at pick 45, and he has been a steal. So glad we did, and that we have persisted with him for so long, because we are now reaping the reward. I always knew he had it in him, and am extatic that he had the full confidence of the players and staff to support him, even after his first few games were no good. A year and a half ago, it was looking as though the Kade experiment was not going to work-looked to be another case of someone dominating in the VFL but not being able to take that form and make the transition successfully into the AFL. But, credit to the kid, he didn't stop trying and kept his head up and he made it!

What a beautiful sight it is to see Kade bursting down the wing, taking players on and leaving them in his wake. Confidence can do so much for you in these types of situations. Also, as if that wasn't enough, has magnificent skills, and disposes beautifully of the ball more often than not. This year he started off in a more defensive role, playing predominantly out of the back pocket. Now, I must say, I prefer him out on a wing, but this was not a bad move by the coaches-teaching the kids a defensive style to the game. In the last few weeks it looks as if he has moved back into the midfield he has not lost his class or ability to regularly find the ball and dispose of it well.

Am really glad he is now a regular in this team, as I just LOVE watching him play. A real good story, which is not just a credit to him, but also to the coaching staff. Well done to all involved!

I look forward to seeing Simmo dominate the wings for another 10+ years. Onya Simmo :thumbsu:

One of only a few players that will take on an opposition players, sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't.

As a fan who attends 95% of games, he is one player you love watching because you know something will happen. He will take off an run and take risks. We need more risk taking.

Great to get to #6. Am suppotive of the previous comments. Believe KS still has enourmous potential and will only get better as his confidence and body develope.
Hope he never loses the ''take them on'' approach that has thrilled us and kicking is a highlight, again will improve even more. Well done Kade Simpson!

Kade Simpson might not be one of those players who steals the limelight, but he is one that puts in game after game, which is what we need. I promise that with all the trade threads that I've started, I'll never mention him!

Great review again Jeremias!

Leads distance carrying the ball and amount of bounces. Sets up so many forward thrusts, has been one of the promising players from last year to really step up this year. Has taken a while to develop, like many of our current kids will, but he is ready now, ready and playing brilliant footy.

GO SIMMO!!!

A very exciting player, whoi I love to watch - and has become one of my favorites. Thought he was finished a year ago, but turned it around and is one of our better players. What I like about him is that he almost always plays on and takes risks. Kicked 3 goals on two occasions last year, hopefully he can kick a few more this year.

I like Simmo alot. His blistering pace is good to watch..BUT..He still makes *ed errors that 'elite' footballers shouldn't make..His error against the Dorks this year, I reckon, lost us that game, as we were building momentum and fighting back, and then he does one of the most moronic stuff ups in many a moon..

Still, he's an intergral part of our rebuilding, and a better more inspiring skills coach will elevate this bloke into better things..that is, if we get better skills coaches than the drop-kicks we currently have...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back