Traded 6. Lincoln McCarthy (2012-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

The club will be right onto any issues he has, knee or ankle, probably another Wells gift pick, given the others he plucked from a very compromised draft.
To grab him at pick 66, maybe a Wells masterstroke.

6234503473_cce49795d8_z.jpg

Where is he?

Did he play AFL at all this season? If not, how did he go in the reserves?

He played 1 AFL match from memory and showed glimpses of talent in the VFL before sustaining an injury.

He played the one game and I don't think that he was fit. I recall him chasing a player through the center and when the chase was over McCarthy was bent over with hands on knees taking in some deep breaths. He definitely has talent and he shows some flashes of brilliance but then disappears for the rest of the game. The talent is there. The match fitness is not.

Definitely wasn't fit , I was chatting to Ron Watt regarding him and they rate him highly.

Has good set of hands on him needs to work on his endurance

Definitely wasn't fit , I was chatting to Ron Watt regarding him and they rate him highly.

Has good set of hands on him needs to work on his endurance

His hands are good and he has a fantastic leap for a player of around Shagga Byrnes height. Also a strong built kid for his size.

Last edited:
Lincoln will not be seen in the hoops for quite some time. He is currently on a holiday in Europe as he slowly recovers from injury.

I will be hoping for a full recovery and that he can have a good 2014 pre-season and present himself as fit as a malley bull.

I have had one or two posters take the piss out of me for pumping up this kid, but I think that he has genuine X factor and I hope that he gets the chance to demonstrate it.

Source: the girl on the security gate at area 51.

Thanks Dana.

1277301_dcb919528f.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
I think we can finally put to bed the Burbury v McCarthy -> Chappy replacement tag.
It was always McCarthy form the very beginning. Just needed time to get his body right. He looked very dangerous in that final against North Melbourne when he came on. Seems like he could be one of those players that thrives on the big stage like a certain D. Menzel.

I think we can finally put to bed the Burbury v McCarthy -> Chappy replacement tag.
It was always McCarthy form the very beginning. Just needed time to get his body right. He looked very dangerous in that final against North Melbourne when he came on. Seems like he could be one of those players that thrives on the big stage like a certain D. Menzel.
Was anybody still pushing the Burbury > <insert anyone on the list> barrow?

But, yes, Linc is a class above. For gawd's sake let him get a clean run at it, fitness-wise!

Lincoln is currently our second highest goal scorer with 7:1 to his tally after personally playing 4 games. Tom Hawkins has 10:7 @5 games and Dan Menzel 4:8 @ 3 games.

MCCARTHY%20Lincoln.png

Last edited:
Another cheeky pick 66.

And there were some that said get rid of him as he can't kick goals....:eek:

And the egg hardens.

But seriously happy just to see him getting games and playing well.

Good to see a positive result from the patience of both he and the club.

Go Catters

And there were some that said get rid of him as he can't kick goals....:eek:

And the egg hardens.

But seriously happy just to see him getting games and playing well.

Good to see a positive result from the patience of both he and the club.

Go Catters

Well Daz, we had both seen him in the VFL and I could see no reasons why that ability could not transfer to the AFL. He seemed to have the required skills. He could find the ball, he has a bit of toe, he is tough at the footy, has good hands and could take a contested mark. It just took him a while to hit the score board. Now he is on his way to scoring weekly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back